New album by me

View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Hi, i just made a new album that you can download here:
http://drop.io/newdemseywooalbum
for free, anyway, it would be great to hear you guys opinions about it. Thanks.
  • Quote
I have limited downloads per month, so this better not suck.
  • Quote
i have unlimited, but it still better not suck!

jk, i know you're like 15 or something..
_________________
no fat chicks
  • Quote
I keep forgetting about this when I'm at home, but I'll try to give it a listen soon.
_________________
<(: @ :)>
  • Quote
Okay, I've listened to each of the tracks, but only about 80-100% of some of them.

Hopefully you want a serious critique and aren't easily offended by it.

I'll start by saying that there's two main concepts in electronic music that are key:
1) Layering
2) Variation

One thing that is a problem in each of your tracks is that they all become very repetitive. You need to change things up more, not just in the instruments in the melody, but also in the drums and most especially in the rhythym itself.

The good part is you do start out with some pretty good concepts in some tracks. The Talking Enemy #1, This Took A Long Time 1, and Summer all start out as good ideas...but ultimately they end up droning on. I'm thinking you should challenge yourself with something other than quarter notes in 4/4 time.

Just as some suggestions (and mind you I don't typically listen to instrumental electronic music), check out these tracks and just try to not pay attention to the vocal parts:
February, For A Moment, Change Of Season, Far Out In Nowhere, and Blissed by Jesus Jones.
People Are People, Monument, Satellite, Home, and Blasphemous Rumours by Depeche Mode.
If you want a more simplified sound, try some Gary Numan.

Just pay attention to how they electronic sounds are varied, and there's usually a lot of depth to the sound. I'll let the music describe itself as I'm really not well versed enough to really describe what these sounds bring beyond what I've already said, but hopefully they will convey what I'm trying to say.

And don't be afraid to try more vocals, though that's a matter of my personal tastes ๐Ÿ˜
_________________
<(: @ :)>
  • Quote
i agree with charicature.. the tracks i listened to (about half) all had fairly solid foundations but didn't really develop. i don't know if that's intentional on your part? also, with the drums being so high in the mix it can get a bit droning after several songs

still, like i said there are some good signs.. good swing/syncopated beats you don't hear much of these days and you seem to have good understanding of how bass lines and synths sit well together

i too feel it's missing something though, be it a lead vocal or some other focal point.. i mean, you could write great tunes over these

started off a bit like dj shadow too!
_________________
no fat chicks
  • Quote
thanks for the response guys...
  • Quote
I listened once to Demseywoo by Demseywoo but it is not in my collection (yet). It is in a favourite chart at Best Ever Albums here but misses the track list and image. I found images on the net but without track list. Could you submit a link please?
_________________
Credits: Edison for first recording, 1877 Mary had a little Lamb.
Mark Hamburg (Royal Albert Hall Orchestra) for first album, Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker Suite 1909.
My user name is a tribute to Glenn Miller and Al Jolson.
  • Quote
Teodor, I think you need to re-upload the album. I keep clicking on the link, but it's not getting me anywhere.
  • Quote
yep definitley broken link

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
There will be a new Arcade Fire album Guest Music
Thom Yorke Releases New Album Via Bit... meruizh Music
Fiona Apple's new album? GARY Music
[ Poll ] Arctic Monkeys New Album: Tranquillit... benfitzuk Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.