CDs vs. Cassettes vs. Vinyl vs. 8-tracks vs. MP3

Goto page 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
OK, very random topic but name your top 5 in order and explain why. Here's mine

1. Vinyl (just sounds better then everything else, and thats all I need)
2. CD (easy to take around, cheap, easy to import to your mp3 player)
3. MP3 (great if you only like one or two tracks from an album)
4. 8-track (just a fun novelty too play around with, if it doesn't work it's a fun project to work on)
5. Cassette (super cheap to find)
_________________
sig
  • Quote
1. CD (I took a disc man around and a CD booklet until 6 months ago)
2. MP3 (Simply way too convenient for it not to be a top 2)
3. Vinyl (I'll buy a vinyl for albums I adore, so theres a bit of nostalgia I suppose)
4. Cassette (nothing sounds better than the sound of slamming a tape into a walkman and snapping it shut.

5. 8 tracks (if it wasn't for one or two musically enhanced grand parents I wouldnt know what this is)
_________________
Having a family is the kind of thing that could be held against a person
  • Quote
Man, this is a toughie.

1. Vinyl
2. MP3
3. CD
4. Cassette
5. 8-Track

Of course, the first three are in a REALLY close race.
  • Quote
    1. CD
    2. DVD
    3. MP3/WMA
    4. Cassette
    5. Vinyl
    6. 8-Track
    7. Reel-to-Reel

_________________
Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by RFNAPLES
Bubbling Under The Top 100 Greatest Music Albums, Part 1 by RFNAPLES
  • Quote
(1) Reel to reel - They have great sound quality especially warm and with a big full bass sound that I like.my favorite one that I had was a portable sized one.
(2) MP3
(3)Albums - I liked them because they were big and they would have things like pictures in them sometimes.The White Album by the Beatles used to come with 4 large individual photos of each Beatle.And the double albums were great for deceeding your weed with.
(4)CD's
(5)Cassettes
(6)45's - They make excellent frisbees.
(7)8 tracks - Horrible things.Halfway through a song you would hear a clanking sound,then silence,then the song would fade back in because it would be changing tracks.But I do admit to buying them.Mainly because my first car had an 8 track player in it.
_________________
.
I owe $100,000 and wasted 4 years of my life.

And all I got was this silly hat



.


Last edited by GARY on 01/22/2011 08:19; edited 1 time in total
  • Quote
MP3
  • Quote
1 - CDs
Most of my collection is on CD.
I like having a physical copy of the music I listen to : I love cover art and liner notes.
Some remastered editions have impressive sound quality, which is great on a good hi-fi system.
Plus, you can find some really cheap CDs now.
Early CDs (80s) were pretty shitty though. I can think of 2 aweful ones I haven't upgraded yet : The Stone Roses and The Pretenders' debuts have both really poor recordings.

2 - MP3/4
Admittedly, downloading is easier than hunting down some obscure CD printing of an album.
Still, the sound is rarely as good as the CD version (even when I compare it to my CD transfer on my iPod)

3 - Cassettes
Mixtape nostalgia.

I can't say I've heard many vinyls. My parents sold their vinyl player a long while back (they only had a few albums - Abbey Road, Revolver...) and converted to cassettes in the 80s. They're pretty expensive, and I think that new buyers are just trying (really hard) to look hip.
_________________
I'll be your plastic toy.

  • Quote
I couldn't comfortably rank them, they all have their own strengths. The sound of vinyl really is beautiful, so for the sound alone I'll go with vinyl as my favourite.
(I listen to CDs more though)
  • Quote
1-Vinyl
2-CD
3-Cassette
4-MP3
5-8-Track
  • Quote
1. Cassettes!!! (fun challenge to wear one out, easy to mixtape)
2. Vinyl (beautiful sound and large pictures, 7"s get bonus points)
3. Mp3s (so damn easy, but it cheapens the experience)
4. CDs (WTF? redundant and boring)
5. Video Tape (surprisingly high quality and super weird)

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page 12  Next
Page 1 of 2


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
How do you listen to your vinyl/cds? junodog4 Music
20% off Cds and vinyl today at JBs re... stangetzaway Music
[ Poll ] What is the proper number of CDs or v... bobbyb5 Music
Collection/Wishlist - options for CD,... rkm Suggestions
[ Poll ] BEA Vinyl Swap Shop / Your Own Top 10... Jimmy Dread Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.