Album of the day (#1522): Pablo Honey by Radiohead

Goto page 1234  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Today's album of the day

Pablo Honey by Radiohead (View album | Buy this album)

Year: 1993.
Country:
Overall rank: 658
Average rating: 69/100 (from 653 votes).



Tracks:
1. You
2. Creep
3. How Do You?
4. Stop Whispering
5. Thinking About You
6. Anyone Can Play Guitar
7. Ripcord
8. Vegetable
9. Prove Yourself
10. I Can't
11. Lurgee
12. Blow Out

About album of the day: The BestEverAlbums.com album of the day is the album appearing most prominently in member charts in the previous 24 hours. If an album, or artist, has previously been selected within a x day period, the next highest album is picked instead (and so on) to ensure a bit of variety. A full history of album of the day can be viewed here.
  • Quote
Meh.
  • Quote
Living in England in 1993-1994 and having "Creep" played ten times a day on the radio was a trauma-inducing experience.
  • Quote
creep is pretty damn good, but the rest is kind of mediocre
  • Quote
Norman Bates wrote:
Living in England in 1993-1994 and having "Creep" played ten times a day on the radio was a trauma-inducing experience.


๐Ÿ˜ฒ This blew my world apart.
  • Quote
Doesn't get much respect, even from die-hard fans, but it's solid. You can hear a lot of The Bends in it, especially on "Creep," "Prove Yourself" and "Lurgee." You can ever hear a little OK Computer on "Blow Out." A handful of the songs ("How Do You?," "Stop Whispering," and "I Can't") are pretty generic and do sound like a band still looking for its sound. Otherwise, it's a good collection.
  • Quote
Radiohead channelling their inner alternative rock side isn't necessarily the worst thing in the world. Apart from Creep, there's quite a few gems here that I like. But, it's far from their best work.
_________________
  • Quote
Easily one of the better works Radiohead has done (I'd say it's its 2nd best album). However, I quite enjoy the non - album single "Pop is dead" over most anything in here (which fits into this style more than any other work it has done)

Last edited by Happymeal on 01/30/2015 00:11; edited 1 time in total
  • Quote
Even back when I was listening to Radiohead regularly, I had trouble finishing this one.
  • Quote
Thinking About You is a top 20 Radiohead song for me. As others have said it's pretty bland in general, but there's nothing about it that I would consider bad, it's just pretty average. I'd say it's more outshined than mediocre.
_________________
And it's hard to be a human being. And it's harder as anything else.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page 1234  Next
Page 1 of 4


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Sticky: Release Day Eve Repo Music
[ Poll ] Kanye West and his tour [Saint Pablo] Michaell13 Music
[ Poll ] Sweet 16: Kacey Musgraves v. Blood Wi... baystateoftheart Tournaments
[ Poll ] Round 1: SOPHIE v. Blood Wine Or Honey baystateoftheart Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.