Thanks for the post. Glad other people know about SFTBH. To be honest, I'm a huge Weezer fan but I didn't know about SFTBH until last May when I was reading some tribute articles commemorating the 20th anniversary of The Blue Album. Once I found out there was an unreleased Weezer album, it became my obsession to find all the recordings and put the album together myself. This is what I came up with:
1. Countdown
2. Blast Off!
3. You Won't Get With Me Tonight
4. Oh Jonas (Maria's Theme)
5. Please Remember
6. Come to My Pod
7. Oh No, This is Not For Me
8. Tired of Sex
9. Superfriend
10. She's Had a Girl
11. Dude, We're Finally Landing
12. Now I Finally See
13. Waiting on You
14. Getchoo
15. I Just Threw Out the Love of My Dreams
16. No Other One
17. Devotion
18. What is This I Find?
19. Longtime Sunshine
It's a really interesting process because since it was never finished, we the fans can put it together in a way that makes sense to us. I've seen so many track listings for SFTBH, and I find them fascinating.
Thanks. Hope you enjoy. There are many various versions of tracklists for this album. I decided to go with the version that was created for the Operation Space Opera cover of the album (which originally had extra instrumentals and "You Gave My Love To Me Softly" which I took out since it was made for the film Angus).
If you're looking for other albums to do this for, Fight Off Your Demons is great! The only other ones I know of (if they count) are Basement on a Hill and Smile. _________________
SFTBH is brilliant. It's a real shame that their previous label dismissed it when they tried to get it released 10 yrs later, and yet APPROVED Make Believe. ๐งฑ
It's not very consistent, though. You've got a mix of extraordiniary, perfect, classic weezer songs, as well as a handful of cute hit-or-miss acapella tunes. Still better than anything they've done in the 21st century IMO. It's like an auditory time capsule. The songs are perfectly preserved from the era. _________________ "Everyone knows the moon's made of cheese."
SFTBH is brilliant. It's a real shame that their previous label dismissed it when they tried to get it released 10 yrs later, and yet APPROVED Make Believe. ๐งฑ
It's not very consistent, though. You've got a mix of extraordiniary, perfect, classic weezer songs, as well as a handful of cute hit-or-miss acapella tunes. Still better than anything they've done in the 21st century IMO. It's like an auditory time capsule. The songs are perfectly preserved from the era.
I agree the > 2 minute acapella tunes are far inferior and don't stand up well as individual songs, but they fit the theme, concept, and flow of SFTBH pretty well. And yes, it is better than anything post-Pinkerton.
I thought Rivers scrapped the idea, but years later gave in to public demand, releasing the songs scattered across the Alone CDs and Pinkerton Deluxe. I never read anywhere the record label refused to release them. Where did you read that?
Idk if this counts as unreleased, but Fiona Apple's Extraordinary Machine has both a released and an unreleased version with very different productions. The unreleased one is found as a bootleg online. _________________
It's not very consistent, though. You've got a mix of extraordiniary, perfect, classic weezer songs, as well as a handful of cute hit-or-miss acapella tunes.
Unfortunately, I had to work with what I had and tried to put together my tracklist off the two that already exist. I only included songs intended for the album (it killed me not to try to put "Getting Up and Leaving" on this). I only wanted to use Weezer songs and Cuomo's demos. Just working with what I had. But I personally like song of the demos just as much as the officially released songs.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum