So, after listening to Kindred (Passion Pit's brand new record) several times, I've determined that Michael Angelakos has been blessed with the inhuman ability to continue producing albums that sound fresh, and yet stay true to Passion Pit's sound. I thought the album was amazing, although I still don't think I'd set it above Manners, which is my favorite. So, has anyone else been able to give it a listen? Thoughts?
I'm actually a much bigger fan of Gossamer than Manners (although Swimming In The Flood is gorgeous) so I'll be intrigued to see what I think of this. Particularly as that 1985 lead single did little for me.
Last edited by Wombi on 04/15/2015 17:37; edited 1 time in total
Apparently the new Passion Pit is streaming on iTunes, but I don't know whether it really is something special, or whether it's just a post-indie drag. All the genre tags on RYM sound like a hundred under alt-R&B groups, but is this something I should look into anyway?
mickilennialThe Most Trusted Name in NewsProfile Detroit
Apparently the new Passion Pit is streaming on iTunes, but I don't know whether it really is something special, or whether it's just a post-indie drag. All the genre tags on RYM sound like a hundred under alt-R&B groups, but is this something I should look into anyway?
or maybe you shouldn't dismiss something because of the tags/scene they owe themselves to? Just listen to it, c'mon, you know its that easy.
or maybe you shouldn't dismiss something because of the tags/scene they owe themselves to? Just listen to it, c'mon, you know its that easy.
It isn't the label itself that disinterests me as much as it is people saying that this is their most boring work. Maybe I'll listen when Pitchfork gives it BNM.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum