Album of the day (#1901): The Man-Machine by Kraftwerk

View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Today's album of the day

The Man-Machine by Kraftwerk (View album | Buy this album)

Year: 1978.
Country:
Overall rank: 444
Average rating: 82/100 (from 326 votes).



Tracks:
1. The Robots
2. Spacelab
3. Metropolis
4. The Model
5. Neon Lights
6. The Man-Machine

About album of the day: The BestEverAlbums.com album of the day is the album appearing most prominently in member charts in the previous 24 hours. If an album, or artist, has previously been selected within a x day period, the next highest album is picked instead (and so on) to ensure a bit of variety. A full history of album of the day can be viewed here.
  • Quote
I used to think this album was stunning, Kraftwerk's best. But now I'm much less enthused by it (and Kraftwerk in general). Spacelab and Metropolis are incredibly... ordinary. And as far as extended tracks go, Neon Light has nothing on Europe Endless. Trans Europe Express is just a far more consistent and slick album.

Also the German version is way way better than the english.
_________________
Romanelli wrote:
We're all fucked, lads.


Last edited by alelsupreme on 02/13/2016 01:38; edited 1 time in total
  • Quote
One of my top 10. Love it.
_________________
If you're reading this, that probably means that I had something to say.

Best Albums of 2014. Rate That Shiz, yo
  • Quote
I love this album. Nothing really reflects more the atmosphere of the Ruhr region than this album and in general, Kraftwerk's music.
  • Quote
My father had a mixtape with “The Robots” on it, so it was one of the first four Kraftwerk songs I ever heard (the others being “Autobahn”, “Trans-Europe Express”, “Radioactivity”, and “Showroom Dummies”). My dad’s mixtapes made me interested in them that I would look into Kraftwerk LP’s later on in life, and I find them still pretty interesting and enjoyable to listen to.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Sticky: Release Day Eve Repo Music
World album of the day (#12): The Man... albummaster Music
World album of the day (#380): The Ma... albummaster Music
[ Poll ] Seek Magic vs The Man Machine Guest Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.