(Facepalm)

Goto page 123  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Guys, I just had a really scary incident in the car. I was with my mom, listening to the radio, and "Like a Rolling Stone" by Bob Dylan came on. Here were the first words to come out of my mom's mouth:

Quote:
This song is terrible, can we change it?


🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱

....Man, words can't describe how saddened I was by that. I explained to her how Rolling Stone magazine called it "the greatest song of all time" and that it single-handedly changed music forever, but she wouldn't listen.

...Wow.

Now, I know I'm supposed to respect my mom and everything, but what do you guys think of this mishap (forgetting that she's my biological guardian).
  • Quote
how old is she?...
she probably made up her mind that she didn't like it back when it was new?...
and you know never gave it a chance.
  • Quote
Tell her that imitation is the best form of flattery. Maybe she would prefer one of the many other versions of the song.

Here are just a few of them.


Rolling Stones

Link


Jimi Hendrix

Link




Link

_________________
.
I owe $100,000 and wasted 4 years of my life.

And all I got was this silly hat



.
  • Quote
some people just don't have an ear...
  • Quote
purple wrote:
some people just don't have an ear...





Like Vincent Van Gogh
_________________
.
I owe $100,000 and wasted 4 years of my life.

And all I got was this silly hat



.
  • Quote
well, he still had an ear after that, apparently Applerill's mom has cut off both
  • Quote
Here's the top 10 songs from 1965. Like a Rolling Stone was number 41. Odds are your mom is a big fan of several of these 😉

1. Wooly Bully, Sam The Sham and The Pharaohs
2. I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch), Four Tops
3. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction, The Rolling Stones
4. You Were On My Mind, We Five
5. You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin', Righteous Brothers
6. Downtown, Petula Clark
7. Help!, The Beatles
8. Can't You Hear My Heartbeat, Herman's Hermits
9. Crying in the Chapel, Elvis Presley
10. My Girl, Temptations
  • Quote
Freddie55 wrote:
Here's the top 10 songs from 1965. Like a Rolling Stone was number 41. Odds are your mom is a big fan of several of these 😉

1. Wooly Bully, Sam The Sham and The Pharaohs
2. I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch), Four Tops
3. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction, The Rolling Stones
4. You Were On My Mind, We Five
5. You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin', Righteous Brothers
6. Downtown, Petula Clark
7. Help!, The Beatles
8. Can't You Hear My Heartbeat, Herman's Hermits
9. Crying in the Chapel, Elvis Presley
10. My Girl, Temptations




Wow, 1965 sure was a great year for music 😁

Crying In the Chapel was #1 when I was born.

.
_________________
.
I owe $100,000 and wasted 4 years of my life.

And all I got was this silly hat



.
  • Quote
Just being around during a great era of music does not guarantee good taste. My parents were in their early 20's back then and they are fairly clueless about what I consider good music from that period, especially my dad.

Also, you have to remember Bob Dylan was / is not as widely loved as The Beatles. There was a camp that never liked his voice and couldn't get past that, and a camp that wrote him off when he went electric. (I wonder if Applerill's mom likes pre '65 Dylan). Dylan was more of a divisive figure overall.
  • Quote
Applerill wrote:
Guys, I just had a really scary incident in the car. I was with my mom, listening to the radio, and "Like a Rolling Stone" by Bob Dylan came on. Here were the first words to come out of my mom's mouth:

Quote:
This song is terrible, can we change it?


🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱 🧱

....Man, words can't describe how saddened I was by that. I explained to her how Rolling Stone magazine called it "the greatest song of all time" and that it single-handedly changed music forever, but she wouldn't listen.

...Wow.

Now, I know I'm supposed to respect my mom and everything, but what do you guys think of this mishap (forgetting that she's my biological guardian).


Dun worry. My mother has no taste in music at all. She refuses to think anything before 1990 is good, and that disco is amazing 🤡 She also hates hip-hop and new wave. And techno for that matter. Oh, and folk. 🫢
_________________
Doubles & Conch

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page 123  Next
Page 1 of 3


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.