Your Music Age

Goto page 1234  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Okay strange idea but here goes.

What is your age in regards to your chart (so average of years)? Or, if you are bored, for your whole collection?

This is slightly easier for me as I keep a spreadsheet of all digital and physical music I own.

My music age (average of years) - chart: 1993 which equals 18 years.

My whole collection (albums, compilations etc): 2000 which equals 11 years.

Just a passing thought.
  • Quote
Chart 1987
Collection 2001

Interesting.
Does this mean I should collect older music or that my chart should rejuvinate?
  • Quote
Actually this is pretty cool IMO ๐Ÿ˜

This has proved to be interesting for me as far as my chart goes. I figured it was old, but NOT THIS OLD ๐Ÿซข

MY CHART IS 1,613 YEARS OLD ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

O.K. the second half of my chart is younger at only a 28 average years old.

The first 25 albums on my chart average age is 37 ๐Ÿคฃ




So my chart's average age is 32 years old or the year 1979 ๐Ÿ˜จ


Well, like they say, chart's are like fine wine, they get better with age ๐Ÿคฅ
_________________
.
I owe $100,000 and wasted 4 years of my life.

And all I got was this silly hat



.
  • Quote
Chart average (50 albums): 1973 - 38 years

Rated albums average (925 albums): 1985 - 26 years

The average age of the total collection was too much work to calculate but roughly:
2010s: 86 albums
2000s: 938 albums
1990s: 955 albums
1980s: 1,101 albums
1970s: 1,383 albums
1960s: 863 albums
1950s: 317 albums
1940s: 53 albums
1930s: 45 albums
That would give an average around 1982 or 29 years.
  • Quote
Bork wrote:
Chart average (50 albums): 1973 - 38 years

Rated albums average (925 albums): 1985 - 26 years

The average age of the total collection was too much work to calculate but roughly:
2010s: 86 albums
2000s: 938 albums
1990s: 955 albums
1980s: 1,101 albums
1970s: 1,383 albums
1960s: 863 albums
1950s: 317 albums
1940s: 53 albums
1930s: 45 albums
That would give an average around 1982 or 29 years.



Damn, I thought my chart was old ๐Ÿค”
_________________
.
I owe $100,000 and wasted 4 years of my life.

And all I got was this silly hat



.
  • Quote
if I split out Peel Slowly and See, using the actual years each album was released, my music age is 1988, or a year before I was born.
  • Quote
I'm 24 years old on my chart. So not that far off really.
_________________
I'll be your plastic toy.

  • Quote
according to current chart: 1994 - so I'm 17 apparently
  • Quote
Jhereko wrote:
according to current chart: 1994 - so I'm 17 apparently


I'm older than you!

My chart age is 8 off my real age. Well, it will be tomorrow anyway. Should be a rule of not going to work birthdays. Damn teaching...
  • Quote
harkan wrote:
Jhereko wrote:
according to current chart: 1994 - so I'm 17 apparently


I'm older than you!

My chart age is 8 off my real age. Well, it will be tomorrow anyway. Should be a rule of not going to work birthdays. Damn teaching...


Happy Birthday!! and I guess your older than me either way?

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page 1234  Next
Page 1 of 4


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: Music Diaries SuedeSwede Music Diaries
Your music age revolver94 Tournaments
Does age affect your perception of mu... Guest Music
What age did you first fall in love w... PatrickD Music
Your favorite year of album releases,... PatrickD Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.