I have all of my music copied into iTunes. I was always using an older version, because I kept hearing that the newer versions had a lot of problems. I recently had to move my iTunes base to another computer (PC). I downloaded a new version of iTunes. Sometimes it works fine. But some days (like today), it can barely make it through the first 30 seconds of a track before skipping to the next one. This is beyond frustrating.
Anyone else have this happen? Is there any kind of a fix for this? (It's happened 4 times as I have typed this!)
๐งฑ _________________ I'm leaning on the threshold
Of her mystery
And crashing through the walls
Of dying history
This is going to sound like a silly solution, but have you tried deleting these specific tracks and re-adding them to iTunes? I also use an older version of iTunes as my main player (for the same reasons as you) on a Mac, and whenever this happens to me (rarely) I just delete the track off of iTunes (not laptop) and manually drag it back. If that doesn't fix it, there's a problem with the file.
If it's happening with a lot of songs, just to a mass version obviously. _________________ Doubles & Conch
It actually really does vary. I used iTunes yesterday for pretty much the whole day. It didn't skip on a single track. Today, I'm only ten songs in, and it's skipped on every single one of them, multiple times. I have this happen a lot. Sometimes more than others. It seems to be a random thing. I can go back and play the track, and it might skip again, and it might be fine. _________________ I'm leaning on the threshold
Of her mystery
And crashing through the walls
Of dying history
I have it also from time to time but I really have the impression this is due to the tens of thousands of tracks i have on iTunes (i mean their ICloud) uploaded from cdโs, bought via iTunes or added via Apple Music.
I have the impression that my iMac in general is slower because of this huge playlist it has to manage.
I have the same problem on my iPhone 4s which doesnโt seem able anymore to manage the playlist and just stops from time to time so I asked a new one to my girlfriend as xmas present (normally the 7).
Iโm a bit annoyed by the fact that I depend this much on Apple because of the fact that I have my complete music library in their cloud and because they keep on changing the rules all the time (Iโm really annoyed i canโt see or change my scores anymore on my iPhone or iPad) but I guess iโm still having too much respect for what they are doing to leave them.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum