According to articles, the hackers who stole this archive of music were going to release it unless the band paid a $150,000 ransom. So what did the band do? They released it themselves with proceeds going to an environmental charity. That's how you respond to blackmailers. Still haven't listened to A Moon Shaped Pool due to the disappointing predecessors. But I'll gladly take previously unreleased '90s Radiohead. Currently listening to the first minidisc. The first track, 'Poison', sounds very much like Exit Music For a Film. There's also a demo of Electioneering around the 11-minute mark. This is cool. Thanks for posting.
Still haven't listened to A Moon Shaped Pool due to the disappointing predecessors.
Give it a shot. It'll never be considered their best, which hurts reputation, but it's a great record. Probably in their top 5 for me.
And yeah, great response from the band. Might give a couple of the disks a listen, but doubting I'll make it through the entire thing. _________________ Doubles & Conch
Still haven't listened to A Moon Shaped Pool due to the disappointing predecessors.
Give it a shot. It'll never be considered their best, which hurts reputation, but it's a great record. Probably in their top 5 for me.
And yeah, great response from the band. Might give a couple of the disks a listen, but doubting I'll make it through the entire thing.
agreed with all of the above. personally, a moon shaped pool ranks number three or four for me... can't decide. but i know that streetspirit is a big fan of the earlier radioheads, whereas my favorites are amnesiac and hail to the thief. _________________ follow me on the bandcamp.
baystateoftheartNeil Young as a butternut squashProfile Massachusetts
Still haven't listened to A Moon Shaped Pool due to the disappointing predecessors.
Give it a shot. It'll never be considered their best, which hurts reputation, but it's a great record. Probably in their top 5 for me.
And yeah, great response from the band. Might give a couple of the disks a listen, but doubting I'll make it through the entire thing.
Def a great response from the band. Help a charity, and not pay the asshole(s) who hacked them. But yes, it's a lot to get through, for sure. Between 16 and 17 hours. I listened to the first disc this morning. A mixture of live recordings, rough takes, and alternative takes. There are 4 versions of Electioneering, 3 versions of Airbag, 4 versions of I Promise, which I had never heard before but it's on the 20th anniversary reissue of OK Computer. I liked it, and the song Poison I mentioned earlier. It's been a long time since I've listened a full Radiohead album, and this has got me in the mood to listen to them again. Heck, I'll probably finally get to A Moon Shaped Pool soon. Btw, my original MSP comment was only a side remark, yet that's become the focus of this thread against my intention. How about we get back on topic?
Stover75 wrote:
Just downloaded it and listening to the first disc.
Really good stuff
Will probably listen to one disc a day.
Agreed, that first disc was great. I don't know if I can do a disc a day, but I hope you find some treasures in there.
RoundTheBendI miss the comfort in being sadProfile Ground Control
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum