My High School Taste in Music

Goto page 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
According to an old thing that I wrote in high school that I just found, these were my top listened to songs on my iPod when I was Junior in High School

1. Iโ€™m Shipping Up to Boston- Dropkick Murphys


2. Brazil- Frank Sinatra


3. Tryouts- Javelin X Childish Gambino


4. Tell Him Iโ€™m Gone- Johnny Cash


5. Love Rollercoaster- Ohio Players


6. Hey- The Pixies


7. Astral Weeks- Van Morrison


8. Repeater- Fugazi


9. Letโ€™s Go Away for Awhile- The Beach Boys


10. Taste the Pain- Red Hot Chili Peppers

Can you remember what some of your top tracks in High School would have been?
  • Quote
That's a pretty cool playlist for a middle schooler (or an adult for that matter). I love seeing the likes of Murphy's and Ohio Players in the same list!

So to make your thread more interest, you could tell us which of those has suck with you and which, if any, you have "outgrown" or simply tired of.
  • Quote
My high school playlist would have probably looked something like this:

1. Let Down - Radiohead
2. Sixteen Blue - The Replacements
3. Teen Age Riot - Sonic Youth
4. People II 2 - Andrew Jackson Jihad
5. Shine On You Crazy Diamond - Pink Floyd
6. The Boy Who Blocked His Own Shot - Brand New
7. Trailer Trash - Modest Mouse
8. Sometimes - My Bloody Valentine
9. Money Trees - Kendrick Lamar
10. Sunday Morning - The Velvet Underground
  • Quote
Fischman wrote:
That's a pretty cool playlist for a middle schooler (or an adult for that matter). I love seeing the likes of Murphy's and Ohio Players in the same list!

So to make your thread more interest, you could tell us which of those has suck with you and which, if any, you have "outgrown" or simply tired of.


I'd say I still listen to some of the artists semi-regularly, but I mostly listen to so many new things now that I don't stick around in one area very long, and I'm generally not returning to things I like as often anymore. Fugazi is probably the only one that ends up on rotation,
  • Quote
Awesome. I kinda wish I could see that.

It'd probably have stuff from:

Piebald
The Anniversary
Weezer
Radiohead
U2
R.E.M.
Beck
The Beatles
Foo Fighters
RHCP

And as you can see I'm still immature when it comes to my musical taste... ๐Ÿ˜„
  • Quote
I didn't really listen to music in high school, but I was in a Youth Orchestra
  • Quote
I was in high school in the 80s, so I listened to a lot of 80s New Wave Music (some good, some bad), but even then I was more interested in 70s or 60s music. At that time I was really into singer-songwriter, classic rock, 70s Soul, early Punk, post-punk and disco. And some of the very early Indie stuff. Actually, much of the same stuff that I still like today. Although of course my taste expanded into newer music that didn't exist then.
  • Quote
The end of my junior year, the spring of 1999 that is, was when I became crazy about a singer back then named Shane Minor.

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

P.S. My personally signed pictures of him are still on my wall. Shane eventually went on to become a full time song writer.
_________________
Me & my favorite singer James Otto

Check him out here when you can!
  • Quote

Link


Safe to say, I don't really want to talk about my junior high/high school years.
  • Quote
Gowi wrote:

Link


Safe to say, I don't really want to talk about my junior high/high school years.


High School sucks. Middle and Elementary School are way better.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page 12  Next
Page 1 of 2


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: Music Diaries SuedeSwede Music Diaries
[ Poll ] College is better than high school YoungPunk Lounge
[ Poll ] BBAT: The Glasgow School VS In Sides ... alelsupreme Tournaments
The Middle School Thread Guest Lounge
School Blues Jackwc Lounge

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.