Another 'I'm in hospital again - rec me!'

Goto page 1234  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
My Cystic Fibrosis sucks at the minute so I'm back under the care of our wonderful National Health Service.

As ever and please with such enthusiasm and quality, recommend me some albums to really get stuck into so the 3 week admission and the pain that comes with it has the edge taken off.

Love you BEA!
  • Quote
I see that you love The Smiths and that you've enjoyed two albums by Belle And Sebastian. Based on that, I'll suggest exploring indie pop, jangle pop, and twee pop some more (genres with a lot of overlap in sound and scene). Here's a guide I'm working on as a starting point.

I don't have cystic fibrosis, but I'm very familiar with frequent hospitalizations due to chronic illness myself. Sending my best wishes.
_________________
Join us in the canon game :) / Add me on RYM


Last edited by baystateoftheart on 01/30/2019 01:51; edited 1 time in total
  • Quote
Hey man

Try this one. It's short, raucous and fun:


Damned, Damned, Damned by The Damned

Good luck with your hospital stay.

I hope you hear plenty of good tunes to take your mind off it

Steve.
  • Quote

Reading, Writing And Arithmetic by The Sundays

And this one. It's gorgeous.
  • Quote
I've noticed that you have rated several of my ambient type things on my chart. Peter Davison definitely helps me with some relaxation, I hope that it can for you in what I am sure is a trying time. Here are some others maybe in the same vein of uplifting sounding music.


Ambient 3: Day Of Radiance by Laraaji

Or his album "Celestial Vibrations".

I really like the artist Tim Story. In fact, I've added both of the albums of his on the site, and I've been meaning to add this one as well. It's more positive sounding than his others I think. The album is called "In Another Country" and it is available on Spotify.


Link


Loscil is an artist with good music for losing yourself in concentration as well.


Submers by Loscil

Hope some of this can help.
  • Quote

่ผชๅปปไบค้Ÿฟๆฅฝ [Ecophony Rinne] by Geinoh Yamashirogumi
  • Quote
SquishypuffDave wrote:

่ผชๅปปไบค้Ÿฟๆฅฝ [Ecophony Rinne] by Geinoh Yamashirogumi


and


Symphonic Suite AKIRA by Geinoh Yamashirogumi
  • Quote
Some fantastic recs here I have already got through!

Please keep feeding me hahah
  • Quote
Based on your chart I recommend:



Orange Alabaster Mushroom - Space And Time
  • Quote
If you like ambient music why not try Enya. Not everyone likes her but her music is relaxin and at times stimulating. Her first two albums are my favourite but all of her stuff is good IMO.


Watermark by Enya


Shepherd Moons by Enya


A Day Without Rain by Enya

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page 1234  Next
Page 1 of 4


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Off again / On again videoheadcleaner Suggestions
once again, another quick question... undefined Suggestions
Another Day, Another (dbz) SLP... Guest Music
[ Poll ] Rec me some Britpop! Guest Music
Rec me music for my new DJ headphones Spyglass Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.