I made some advancements with my listen tracker and figured I might try starting up one of these to go over my previous week's listening habits.
I mostly didn't focus on much, the most I listened to anything this week was from two new releases, Lifted - 2 and Nebulo - ASCII Snake. Both are very highly recommended. The Lifted album is a great sequel to the first album, they've expanded their lineup and gone even further into studio constructed exursions that feel untethered from time but with a significant amount of rhythm. Throw in that hifi synth production and I'm all set. The Nebulo one is an EP, the latest from Conditional Records. They do great stuff with weird computer music that is sometimes abstract and sometimes a little more digestible like some IDM or weird techno. This one is on the latter side, Autechre fans should check this one out.
There were a whole bunch of other new releases that I'll have to give more time to. I did 6 in a row there on Thursday night, I was really feeling it.
Some stuff I hadn't listened to in forever popped up. The new Suzanne Ciani archival release made me pull out her Buchla Concerts 1975 album, I guess it had been close to 2 and a half years since I'd heard it but it really did not feel that long.
A big part of it is what I believe to be the hockets on Finite. Maybe I'm getting the term wrong, but where the melodic line is being created by multiple instruments alternating one note at a time. Having that over the bed of consistent instruments and the way instruments rise up from that and exit the group and do their own thing and then return to the group creates this sort of swell that really hits me. That most recent listen was on a train, having this soundtrack what I saw out my window was an excellent experience.
RoundTheBendI miss the comfort in being sadProfile Ground Control
no prob, glad to share. im still adding stuff that I might not get into the template, like something where I'll just have to enter in Monday's date and I'll be able to generate these graphs for the week
RoundTheBendI miss the comfort in being sadProfile Ground Control
I'm just gonna move this to tumblr because I can easily convert the spreadsheets to html and post them there, so if you wanna keep up with this go to https://endaural.tumblr.com/
after talking a bit about some 2019 albums, I use a series of charts to show how I think using the "recently played" tab impacted my music listening and is leading me to have a shallower experience with music than I had in the previous years. personally I'd recommend not using that feature, though I guess people can still use it responsibly. But I guess what I'm wondering is, is it better for Spotify to do what they did and remove it from mobile for the people like me who abused it, or should they only be concerned with delivering features people want for those who use it responsibly?
mickilennialThe Most Trusted Name in NewsProfile Detroit
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum