CLOSED - 2000s BST play-in: Lupe Fiasco v Grizzly Bear

Goto page 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic

Poll: Which Song?
Lupe Fiasco- Kick, Push:
54%
 54%  [12]
Grizzly Bear- Cheerleader:
45%
 45%  [10]
Total Votes : 22

  • Quote
Lupe Fiasco- Kick, Push Captain: CrazyPillsRocka


Link




VS



Grizzly Bear- Cheerleader Captain: 19dateline91


Link


Last edited by cestuneblague on 10/07/2019 19:44; edited 1 time in total
  • Quote
Super easy vote for Ursa Major
  • Quote
Grizzly Bear was good, but Kick, Push was one of my favourite songs back then that still gets a run every now and again.
  • Quote
So, Lupe is not so well liked around here, huh? Oh well, I love Veckatimest anyway.
  • Quote
The Lupe track sounds good on a first listen- but its just not really grabbing me. I'll go with that pretty cheerleader.
  • Quote
Grizzly Bear are one of my 2000s favourites and they had no tracks nominated yet, so I went in with another personal favourite. Nothing much to say there, I don't think it's spectacular or anything, but I love the vocal layering, and the subtle buildup throughout the track.
  • Quote
First time hearing the Lupe track but it gets my vote. Never really been a fan of Grizzly Bear.
_________________
And it's hard to be a human being. And it's harder as anything else.
  • Quote
Grizzly Bear clearly
  • Quote
Love Grizzly Bear and every part of Veckatimest but I remember Kick Push coming out and even though its a bit of a throwback it felt fresh and it still does. Deceptively easy.
  • Quote
'Kick, Push' is just about the only worthwhile thing Lupe ever did, but it really is incredible. There are very few better written rap songs. It's a beautiful, balanced, self-contained narrative, and - unlike his later work - it never feels overtly tryhard. 'Kick, Push' is a misnomer; I've spent the better part of twenty years expecting Lupe to make OK music because of this song.
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page 12  Next
Page 1 of 2


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
[ Poll ] CLOSED- 2000s BST Rd2: EL-P v Lupe Fi... cestuneblague Tournaments
[ Poll ] CLOSED- 2000s BST Rd32: Lupe Fiasco v... cestuneblague Tournaments
[ Poll ] 2000s BST Rd1: Nick Cave v Lupe Fiasco cestuneblague Tournaments
[ Poll ] BER Round 1: Plan B vs. Lupe Fiasco [... Guest Tournaments
[ Poll ] CLOSED- 2000s BST Rd2: Panda Bear v J... cestuneblague Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.