2000s BST Rd1: Roll Deep v Infusion

View previous topic :: View next topic

Poll: Which Song?
Roll Deep- When I'm Ere:
53%
 53%  [8]
Infusion- Meant to Be:
46%
 46%  [7]
Total Votes : 15

  • Quote
ROLL DEEP- WHEN I'M 'ERE


Link


Repping: London


Captain: Skinny





VS



INFUSION- MEANT TO BE


Link


Repping: Sydney


Captain: guzguzgarbit

[img]https://img.discogs.com/4jJqnSbZTwaVAEGgUFPiiON2eac=/500x500/filters:strip_icc():format(jpeg):quality(40)/discogs-avatars/U-2154989-1506874402.png.jpg[/img]
  • Quote
Infusion is my favourite band ever and this is arguably their best track.
It's one of the cleverest songs I've heard. Don't let the apparent simplicity of the lyrics fool you.
  • Quote
Iโ€™m slightly in favour of Infusion
  • Quote
Those ominous, slashing, synthetic string arpeggios. The distorted gunshot. Scratchy's warrior charge. Roach's bookends - starting by taking shots of drink, and finishing by billing a zoot. And then everything in between: Wiley's history lesson ("Eskiboy's the reason why everybody's here"); Taliban Trim, managing to stay civil enough to actually spit a verse with the others; Manga's trademark skippy flow; Breeze, strapped too, so he don't care; Flowdan, softening the patois but still sipping Dragon Stout like a true yardie; Jet Li's cannon, going 'brapbrapbrap'. That brief moment in time when Roll Deep threatened to become the UK's answer to Wu-Tang, only scarier, swiftly shot down by vicious infighting and diss tracks, a handful of near-perfect posse cuts all they had to show for their endeavours. Rumour has it that Trimbal's not even allowed to step foot in East London anymore. Wiley's been a paranoid megalomaniac for a hot minute. Manga's still releasing excellent music to an ever dwindling hardcore fanbase. Grime went gospel and conquered Glasto. The nihilistic, humourless drill is now the preferred sound of bus top decks, through portable bluetooth speakers instead of tinny phone ones. This song makes me hella nostalgic, and still elicits the ugliest screwface I've got. It's the single greatest document of a disappearing artform. "I swear this'll end in tears."
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
  • Quote
Yeah "When I'm Ere" is a beast, def prompting me to check out some more vintage grime. the Infusion track is really strong too, like the texture and multiple layers of the music but Roll Deep hits a bit harder. Still, great perhaps under-voted matchup.
  • Quote
Ive realized I've closed this set of matches a bit early, the others were pretty lopsided so no big deal but since this is tied will let this go on a little bit longer, not quite in sudden death mode yet
  • Quote
Sudden Death, ya know the rule ting
  • Quote
Someone do me a solid. Fair enough in the other matchup, but Roll Deep obviously deserve this one.
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
  • Quote
Roll Deep are currently 8-7 up.
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
  • Quote
Rolling in the Deep "Here" 8-7

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
[ Poll ] CLOSED- 2000s BST Rd2: LCD Soundsyste... cestuneblague Tournaments
[ Poll ] CLOSED- 2000s BST Rd1: Boards of Cana... cestuneblague Tournaments
[ Poll ] CLOSED- 2000s BST Rd1: Camera Obscura... cestuneblague Tournaments
[ Poll ] 2000s BST Rd1: Nick Cave v Lupe Fiasco cestuneblague Tournaments
[ Poll ] 2000s BST Rd1: Plastikman v Belle &am... cestuneblague Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.