Album of the day (#3648): Brian Wilson Presents Smile

View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Today's album of the day

Brian Wilson Presents Smile by Brian Wilson (View album | Buy this album)

Year: 2004.
Country:
Overall rank: 700
Average rating: 79/100 (from 426 votes).



Tracks:
1. Our Prayer/Gee
2. Heroes And Villians
3. Roll Plymouth Rock
4. Barnyard
5. Old Master Painter/You Are My Sunshine
6. Cabin Essence
7. Wonderful
8. Song For Children
9. Child Is Father Of The Man
10. Surf's Up
11. I'm In Great Shape/I Wanna Be Around/Workshop
12. Vega-Tables
13. On A Holiday
14. Wind Chimes
15. Mrs. O'Leary's Cow
16. In Blue Hawaii
17. Good Vibrations

About album of the day: The BestEverAlbums.com album of the day is the album appearing most prominently in member charts in the previous 24 hours. If an album, or artist, has previously been selected within a x day period, the next highest album is picked instead (and so on) to ensure a bit of variety. A full history of album of the day can be viewed here.
  • Quote
Feel this one's a bit superseded by Smile Sessions at this point, lacks a certain energy and passion that came with the beach boys' youth. Still very good, just not the ideal way to listen to this material. Granted it's really where you have the connection to the brilliance of this songwriting that counts
  • Quote
The smile sessions lacks a few things. Small details In a few of the songs. This however, lacks in the more important things that the sessions have. THE VIBE JUST ISNโ€™T THERE
  • Quote
I remember there used to be a great mix on YouTube with the Smile Sessions and this album mixed together, so that way you still had the vibe of the original with the completed songs of this version. It was a very cool effect hearing the past and future Brian Wilson singing with each other. Shame someone copyright striked it.
  • Quote
this is cool.
_________________
My Top 100 :
www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=4...amp;page=1

My music:
- www.hyperfollow.com/dommedamian
  • Quote
BLO wrote:
I remember there used to be a great mix on YouTube with the Smile Sessions and this album mixed together, so that way you still had the vibe of the original with the completed songs of this version. It was a very cool effect hearing the past and future Brian Wilson singing with each other. Shame someone copyright striked it.


That does sound like it would be very interesting. Quite frankly, I love the Smile Sessions and I started listening to this thinking I was getting into something similar, and immediately disliked it since it wasn't what I was expecting. Might be worth another shot I guess.
_________________
51 Washington, D.C. albums!
  • Quote
The ironic tale of how he finally completed it, but how it's still not complete.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Sticky: Release Day Eve Repo Music
Album of the day (#605): Smile by Bri... BestEverAlbums Music
New Christmas Presents From Me Thread Kiki Lounge
Christmas Presents from me! Guest Lounge

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.