Album of the day (#4489): Currents by Tame Impala

View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Today's album of the day

Currents by Tame Impala (View album | Buy this album)

Year: 2015.
Country:
Overall rank: 147
Average rating: 82/100 (from 1346 votes).



Tracks:
1. Let It Happen
2. Nangs
3. The Moment
4. Yes I'm Changing
5. Eventually
6. Gossip
7. The Less I Know The Better
8. Past Life
9. Disciples
10. 'Cause I'm A Man
11. Reality In Motion
12. Love/Paranoia
13. New Person, Same Old Mistakes

About album of the day: The BestEverAlbums.com album of the day is the album appearing most prominently in member charts in the previous 24 hours. If an album, or artist, has previously been selected within a x day period, the next highest album is picked instead (and so on) to ensure a bit of variety. A full history of album of the day can be viewed here.
  • Quote
I hate to say it but this is a bad album. Super overrated. Clearly his worst.
_________________
My Top 100 :
www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=4...amp;page=1

My music:
- www.hyperfollow.com/dommedamian
  • Quote
Love this album, The Less I Know the Better might be the best song Tame Impala has ever released (with the filthiest bass line)
_________________
Progressive Rock

Early Psychedelic Rock

Live Albums
  • Quote
It will never not be weird to me that this album became such a huge crossover. It's fine! It's inconsistent, but the highs are unbelievable.

Track picks
1. Let It Happen
3. The Moment
5. Eventually
10. 'Cause I'm A Man
_________________
Inversion Verses
https://thesplitinfinitives1.bandcamp.com/album/inversion-verses
  • Quote
HoldenM wrote:
It will never not be weird to me that this album became such a huge crossover. It's fine! It's inconsistent, but the highs are unbelievable.

Track picks
1. Let It Happen
3. The Moment
5. Eventually
10. 'Cause I'm A Man


Interesting comment. I was entirely unsurprised. It took elements from sleek, early oughts rโ€™nโ€™b, a strand of melodic indie rock that had already proven mainstream viability (MGMT; Vampire Weekend), and the airy, barbed, arena-ready pop-rock of Gaucho-era Dan and Tango-era Mac. Seemed almost laboratory-designed to cross over from where I was sitting. Pity it felt much less inspired than any of the stuff I just mentioned.
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
  • Quote
Skinny wrote:
HoldenM wrote:
It will never not be weird to me that this album became such a huge crossover. It's fine! It's inconsistent, but the highs are unbelievable.

Track picks
1. Let It Happen
3. The Moment
5. Eventually
10. 'Cause I'm A Man


Interesting comment. I was entirely unsurprised. It took elements from sleek, early oughts rโ€™nโ€™b, a strand of melodic indie rock that had already proven mainstream viability (MGMT; Vampire Weekend), and the airy, barbed, arena-ready pop-rock of Gaucho-era Dan and Tango-era Mac. Seemed almost laboratory-designed to cross over from where I was sitting. Pity it felt much less inspired than any of the stuff I just mentioned.

I mostly agree with this, although I can't say I was surprised or unsurprised because this wasn't really something I thought much of until now. Tame Impala's earlier albums were more firmly indie/psychedelic rock. And with this album I was like "huh, there's more stuff on here".

I'll also add that this is by far my favorite Tame Impala album. I suppose a big part of that is that it's only one I own, and I bought it on a whim having liked but not loved his earlier albums.
_________________
51 Washington, D.C. albums!
  • Quote
RockyRaccoon wrote:
Love this album, The Less I Know the Better might be the best song Tame Impala has ever released (with the filthiest bass line)


An absolutely filthy bass line indeed.
_________________
Attention all planets of the solar federation: We have assumed control.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Sticky: Release Day Eve Repo Music
[ Poll ] CLOSEDRD2Early 2010s Tourney: Tame Im... cestuneblague Tournaments
[ Poll ] (Closed) 2015-2019 Round 3: Danny Bro... babyBlueSedan Tournaments
[ Poll ] CLOSEDEarly 2010s Tourney: Daft Punk ... cestuneblague Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.