Album of the day (#4507): The Smile Sessions

View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Today's album of the day

The Smile Sessions by The Beach Boys (View album | Buy this album)

Year: 2011.
Country:
Overall rank: 277
Average rating: 85/100 (from 793 votes).



Tracks:
1. Our Prayer
2. Gee
3. Heroes And Villains
4. Do You Like Worms? (Roll Plymouth Rock)
5. I'm In Great Shape
6. Barnyard
7. My Only Sunshine (The Old Master Painter / You Are My Sunshine)
8. Cabin Essence
9. Wonderful
10. Look (Song For Children)
11. Child Is Father Of The Man
12. Surf's Up
13. I Wanna Be Around / Workshop
14. Vega-Tables
15. Holidays
16. Wind Chimes
17. The Elements: Fire (Mrs. O'Leary's Cow)
18. Love To Say Dada
19. Good Vibrations

About album of the day: The BestEverAlbums.com album of the day is the album appearing most prominently in member charts in the previous 24 hours. If an album, or artist, has previously been selected within a x day period, the next highest album is picked instead (and so on) to ensure a bit of variety. A full history of album of the day can be viewed here.
  • Quote
๐Ÿ˜ฒ

Listened to this about 3 hours ago โ€” kinda out of nowhere too.
Don't think I'd spun it in full for 3-4 years.
(Spring cleaning)
Don't think that's happened to me before with these threads.

Album of the day indeed ๐Ÿ˜„
_________________
Doubles & Conch
  • Quote
I had a bootleg of this, which I bought in about 2000. It turned out that when this came out how it was pretty much exactly what I had on the bootleg. No idea why I no longer have it. Anyway, itโ€™s one of a few good ways to experience something of Smile. I guess I go with the Brian Wilson album nowadays but it could never seem to quite capture the full brilliance of some of these recordings.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Sticky: Release Day Eve Repo Music
Album of the day (#377): The SMiLE Se... BestEverAlbums Music
The SMiLE Sessions revolver94 Music
Your Track Listing For The Beach Boys... NowhereMan Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.