Podcasts

View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Hi all,

I thought I posted this before (apologies if I'm repeating myself)...

I'm looking for interesting music podcasts. Anything about history/development of genres, landmarks album, specific artists, etc... Basically, podcasts that do with this site does. ๐Ÿ˜

Suggestions?
_________________
Finnegan was super bad-ass.
  • Quote
junodog4 wrote:
Suggestions?

No Dogs in Space? That's probably my favorite at the moment.

I also used to listen to Your Favorite Band Sucks, almost religiously, but I think that one's defunct now... and some people might not like it anyway because there's a chance they might tell you that your favorite band sucks.
  • Quote
Here's some ones I quite enjoy that are fairly relevant to BEA (all on YouTube):

Classic Album Review - https://www.youtube.com/@classicalbum
David Hartley (really enjoy his deep dives) - https://www.youtube.com/@davidhartley94
Discogs (has some interesting content/guests) - https://www.youtube.com/@discogs
_________________
Bluesky ยท Facebook ยท Spotify ยท X
  • Quote
Comedy duo Adam Scott Aukerman have a long-running series of podcasts about musical artists they like (U2, R.E.M., Red Hot Chili Peppers, Talking Heads, and Bruce Springsteen respectively):

U Talkin' U2 To Me?
R U Talkin' R.E.M. RE: ME?
R U Talkin' RHCP RE: Me? (abandoned in the second episode)
U Talkin' Talking Heads 2 My Talking Head
U Springin' Springsteen On My Bean?

The podcasts are ostensibly about music, but the bulk of their time is spent making dumb jokes. It's great. They do eventually get around to talking about the music, though.

Link: https://www.earwolf.com/show/u-talkin-u2-to-me/
  • Quote
Bandsplain and 60 Songs That Explain the '90s are personal favourites.
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
  • Quote
Thanks all - will check these out.

I really like A History of Rock in 500 Songshttps://500songs.com/podcast/... The host does incredible research and puts a massive amount of work into his episodes... but that causes one of the problems - you get hooked, binge on old episodes, and then when you catch up to him you're waiting weeks for a new one.
_________________
Finnegan was super bad-ass.
  • Quote
The Boys And Me podcast is the only podcast that I pay any attention to and it is done by the lead singer of the Sawyer Brown band, his daughter, and the band's piano player.

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

P.S. Go here for the podcast's You Tube page. The next installment should be added on Wednesday. ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„
_________________
Me & my favorite singer James Otto

Check him out here when you can!
  • Quote
Dolly Parton is the subject during the newest installment of the Sawyer Brown band podcast.


Link


God bless you and the guys and Dolly's family always!!!

Holly
_________________
Me & my favorite singer James Otto

Check him out here when you can!
  • Quote
Skinny wrote:
Bandsplain and 60 Songs That Explain the '90s are personal favourites.


Seconding "60 Songs." Great series.

New topic  Post reply
Topic Posters
All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
[ Poll ] Music Podcasts GeevyDallas Music
ISO advice, a way to listen to albums... CA Dreamin Music
[ Poll ] Music Podcasts..which is your favouri... ToeAndno Music
Best music podcasts? Skinny Lounge
Best Podcasts Available Guest Lounge

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.