Another case of this website introducing me to an album, after seeing it ranked so highly on so many charts, I decided to give it a try.
๐ฒ
๐
๐บ
Wow. Thank god for that. I've never heard anything like this before. It's a symphonic extravaganza. I just felt it was necessary to make a topic to discuss it if anyone wanted to. I've listened to it I would say 6 or 7 times start to finish, some songs much more. My favorites right now are Jacksonville, The Man Of Metropolis Steals Our Hearts, and Chicago.
There is just so much going on here, I feel like I could listen to it for years and still not hear all there is to hear. Also I love the use of the banjo to give a little southern spice every once in a while.
JackwcQueen Of The ForumsProfile Aaaanywhere Sex: Incredible
BEA enticed me to give this album a try, also. I don't think I would have listened to this one without seeing so much praise for it on here. This is clearly a case where you can't judge an album's content by looking at the cover. It doesn't sound at all like I thought it would.
This album is probably the best "suggestion" I've gotten from this site so far! Thanks, BEA! _________________ Speakers of the House DJ
BEA enticed me to give this album a try, also. I don't think I would have listened to this one without seeing so much praise for it on here. This is clearly a case where you can't judge an album's content by looking at the cover. It doesn't sound at all like I thought it would.
This album is probably the best "suggestion" I've gotten from this site so far! Thanks, BEA!
That's a great point. One of the reasons it took me a couple months to finally listen was that I kept looking at the album cover and thinking I wouldn't like it for one reason or another. The album art shouldn't really be a factor in listening to the music, but it definitely kept me away for a while.
But anyways, I love how big the whole thing is. I've heard orchestration in alternative music quite a bit, but this album takes it to a completely different level. And the song names are absolutely nuts, which for me adds to the charm.
Sufjan Steven is definetily talented, but I cant help feel like he hasn't made his best album yet.
The ones he's made so far are good but I believe he might have a masterpiece inside of him (contrary to popular belief Illionoise is not that masterpiece imo). Michigan is my favourite of his so far.
And, replying tot he post above me, I also agree that Sufjan hasn't released his best yet. Maybe soon though ๐ค But I guess he won't be releasing another album for a while. _________________ Doubles & Conch
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum