Best Nine Inch Nails Album

Goto page 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic

Poll: Best NIN album is
Pretty Hate Machine:
16%
 16%  [3]
The Downward Spiral:
61%
 61%  [11]
The Fragile:
5%
 5%  [1]
With Teeth:
11%
 11%  [2]
Year Zero:
5%
 5%  [1]
Ghosts I-IV:
0%
 0%  [0]
The Slip:
0%
 0%  [0]
Total Votes : 18

  • Quote
A great artist/band who is liked by everyone (I think) and has managed that through being successful in both mainstream and alternative circles.

I recently realised how much I love With Teeth despite it perhaps being disregarded by hardcore NIN fans. Not a bad track on there and throughout it maintains a perfect atmosphere. Pearljammer chose it as an example on the opening/closing thread and that's so true. All The Love In The World is probably my favourite song by him/them and Right Where It Belongs is quite beautiful.

But his/they're first two albums (and Broken EP) are brilliant too.Year Zero and The Slip are pretty good. And then there's The Fragile... :?... the less said the better. Really need to hear Ghosts I-IV
  • Quote
Man, NIN has so many extraordinary albums, even though none of them are actually perfect. If I had to name one, though, it'd be The Fragile, since it was my first major NIN album, along with having a really personal connection with me.
  • Quote
Hard choice but I'd have to go with The Downward Spiral.
  • Quote
Pretty Hate Machine. No contest.
  • Quote
This seems a decent place to ask......I've heard The Downward Spiral and am pretty apathetic about it, mostly because it does not to me sound to be very dark at all compared to what I expected. Are their any other Nine Inch Nails albums which anyone thinks I might like more? Is one of them actually any weirder or more experimental? Or on the other side of the coin is there one where the obvious pop undercurrent is allowed out and not obscured?
  • Quote
I've only heard Downward Spiral and was frankly underwhelmed by it. I think an artist like James Thirwell does this kind of thing much better and I don't see that NIN add anything particularly interesting to the table.
  • Quote
I've heard the first 3 only, but they were all pretty good. I'd have to choose Downward Spiral here.
  • Quote
As with a lot of artists that I discover for the first time, the first album I listen to of theirs is my favourite and what I see as their best. As many would disagree, Year Zero is a great concept album and I see this as a highlight of Reznor's career. For me, the album is good but combined with the promotion around the album, I see it as a standout.
  • Quote
I haven't heard 4 of these. So my opinion is kinda faulty, but I'd go with the Downward Spiral.
_________________
Doubles & Conch
  • Quote
NIN has great work, but Downward Spiral is the cream of the crop.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page 12  Next
Page 1 of 2


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
[ Poll ] CLOSED- 2000s BST Rd1: Cat Power v Ev... cestuneblague Tournaments
[ Poll ] The Best album of 100 ; The Best of t... Behrus58 Tournaments
World album of the day (#160): The Be... albummaster Music
OI! Canadian Best Album + Best Film t... Guest Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.