Album of the day (#660): Berlin by Lou Reed

View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Today's album of the day

Berlin by Lou Reed (View album)

Year: 1973.
Overall rank: 404.
Average rating: 79/100 (from 108 votes).



Tracks:
1. Berlin
2. Lady Day
3. Men Of Good Fortune
4. Caroline Says I
5. How Do You Think It Feels
6. Oh, Jim
7. Caroline Says II
8. The Kids
9. The Bed
10. Sad Song

About album of the day: The BestEverAlbums.com album of the day is the album appearing most prominently in member charts in the previous 24 hours. If an album has previously been selected within a x day period, the next highest album is picked instead (and so on) to ensure a bit of variety.
  • Quote
I don't like it as much as I used to. Plus I can't ever listen to "The Kids" anymore, the finale is a terrible tearjerker. Too much for me, particularly ever since my son was born.
  • Quote
Norman Bates wrote:
I don't like it as much as I used to. Plus I can't ever listen to "The Kids" anymore, the finale is a terrible tearjerker. Too much for me, particularly ever since my son was born.


Yeah. The Kids is one of the most emotionally difficult songs to listen to that I've ever heard.

95/100 btw. One of my favourites, as most people here know. Best VU solo work. Men Of Good Fortune & Lady Day are also great songs.
_________________
Doubles & Conch
  • Quote
Great album. Better than anything the VU ever did.
  • Quote
Highly prefer this to Transborer.
  • Quote
Emotionally very original unlike anything else by Lou Reed or even VU. I remember that I was literally flabbergasted at the heavy emotional weight and also orchestral arrangements, didn't really expect it from someone like Lou Reed you know, with that extremely cold face of his.
  • Quote
it was definitely a mess, but I'm glad they never cleaned it up
  • Quote
thejoj96 wrote:
Highly prefer this to Transborer.
  • Quote
My favourite by Lou Reed
_________________
An album a day keeps the doctor away

The best is yet to come...

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER: @RCarena
  • Quote
If nothing else, it stands as one of the great soundtracks to depression.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Sticky: Release Day Eve Repo Music
Lou Reed Dead at 71 revolver94 Lounge
[ Poll ] BSAT Round #2: Lou Reed vs. Kacey Mus... Guest Tournaments
[ Poll ] What makes Lou Reed so cool?! HazeyTwilight Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.