Album of the day (#659): Double Nickels On The Dime

View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Today's album of the day

Double Nickels On The Dime by Minutemen (View album)

Year: 1984.
Overall rank: 342.
Average rating: 82/100 (from 123 votes).



Tracks:
1. Anxious Mo-Fo
2. Theatre Is The Life Of You
3. Viet Nam
4. Cohesion
5. It's Expected I'm Gone
6. # 1 Hit Song
7. Two Beads At The End
8. Do You Want New Wave Or Do You Want The Truth?
9. Don't Look Now
10. Shit From An Old Notebook
11. Nature Without Man
12. One Reporter's Opinion
13. Political Song For Michael Jackson To Sing
14. Maybe Partying Will Help
15. Toadies
16. Retreat
17. The Big Foist
18. God Bows To Math
19. Corona
20. The Glory Of Man
21. Take 5, D.
22. My Heart And The Real World
23. History Lesson - Part II
24. You Need The Glory
25. The Roar Of The Masses Could Be Farts
26. Mr. Robot's Holy Orders
27. West Germany
28. The Politics Of Time
29. Themselves
30. Please Don't Be Gentle With Me
31. Nothing Indeed
32. No Exchange
33. There Ain't Shit On T.V. Tonight
34. This Ain't No Picnic
35. Spillage
36. Untitled Song For Latin America
37. Jesus And Tequila
38. June 16th
39. Storm In My House
40. Martin's Story
41. Ain't Talkin' 'bout Love
42. Dr Wu
43. Little Man with a Gun in His Hand
44. The World According To Nouns
45. Love Dance

About album of the day: The BestEverAlbums.com album of the day is the album appearing most prominently in member charts in the previous 24 hours. If an album has previously been selected within a x day period, the next highest album is picked instead (and so on) to ensure a bit of variety.
  • Quote
Great album.
  • Quote
45 songs in under an hour and a half, that alone is impressive enough ๐Ÿ‘
_________________
No-one writes them like they used to, so it may as well be me.
  • Quote
I spent so much time scrolling past all the songs, I forgot what I wanted to say.
  • Quote
First time I ever listened to this album, I heard an old lady getting hit by a car outside my window.

I imagined the cover being the driver.

That is my story.

it is a good album though ๐Ÿ˜„
_________________
Doubles & Conch
  • Quote
Speaking of indie... Here's a band I forgot to mention. I don't know if Modest Mouse was influenced my these guys but in listening to Lonesome Crowded West again recently, I heard a strong Minutemen influence on some of the songs. These guys were interesting because they employed funk heavily in their sound... I'm guessing The Red Hot Chili Pepper were influenced by these guys too.

The production lacks a bit in mp3 format, so I don't listen to it much, but This Aint no Picnic is a classic anthem of the slacker generation.

Fun Fact: I one time performed on stage with Mike Watt....






























It was punk rock karaoke. ๐Ÿคฃ
  • Quote
This is one of those CDs that I listened to it but do not ever come back
  • Quote
I don't have it yet, I'm gonna buy it right now!
_________________
An album a day keeps the doctor away

The best is yet to come...

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER: @RCarena
  • Quote
thejoj96 wrote:
Great album.


Yes!
  • Quote
Pretty damn amazing, D. Boon is easily one of the greatest guitarists ever! I love this album so much!
_________________


2023
2022

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Sticky: Release Day Eve Repo Music
[ Poll ] Double Nickels on the Dime vs. Zen... Amirkhosro Music
Genre and Double Album entries on the... RoundTheBend Suggestions
Inside every Double Album is a Better... rkm Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.