I remember back in like late '03 those were the 2 main bands that were like the "Saviours of rock" or some shit. Back then I didn't really care about either. Then I became I a massive massive White Stripes/Jack White fan. Then a little later I became obsessed with The Strokes 2 first albums. Now I am up in the air sort of on the topic. As of 2003, The Strokes released "Is This It?" And "Room On Fire" which are both just amazing (in my opinion.) whereas the Stripes had released their self titled, Dr Stijl ( LoVe it!!!), White Blood Cells, and Elephant.
Since then the strokes haven't put out anything I've really liked. The White Stripes have released 2 more albums I really liked.
As of 2003, I'd give a slight edge to The White Stripes for releasing 1 all time favorite of mine (De Stijl), 2 really great albums (WBC and Elephant) and a pretty solid debut. The Strokes released 1 all time favorite of mine (Is This It?) and 1 more that is almost as great(RoF)
Anyway, thats my question. Perhaps you aren't a fan of either. Perhaps you like another band more than those 2 back in '01, '02 and '03 ( like The Libertines, The Hives, The Vines or Jet.) if so, talk about it. I just think that a decade later we have a little more perspective on these 2 bands that were compared so often back then.
In my opinion, The Strokes released 1 amazing album, and 3 more with only a couple good songs on them, and The White Stripes 3 really great ones, and 3 decent ones. I go white stripes.
Well, Is This It is a top 5 album for me, I love everything The Strokes have put out so far, and I have a special edition of Comedown Machine preordered. I like The White Stripes, and I certainly think they'll win this thread because in most people's eyes they're been more consistent in their careers, but for me it's absolutely no contest. The Strokes all the way. Also prefer The Libertines to The White Stripes.
For me The White Stripes were the band of the 00's. Loved every album. I also love the Strokes to death, but they lose this battle for me, as would every other band save maybe 2 or 3.
The strokes have too, but they have Is this it and since the poll is obviously trying to tip it in the favor of The white stripes, I voted strokes anyways.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum