Finland vs. Austria

Goto page 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic

Poll: Finland or Austria?
Austria:
40%
 40%  [9]
Finland:
31%
 31%  [7]
Both:
9%
 9%  [2]
Neither:
18%
 18%  [4]
Total Votes : 22

  • Quote
So, which country has better music? I mean, it seems that Austria has the stranglehold on a lot of classical while Finland gots a lot of metal. Any specific bands or albums you guys would like to throw into the mix?



Some great albums from Finland:


Link


Kivenkantaja by Moonsorrow




II - Kingston Wall



Homo sapiens - YUP



Maaรคet - Tenhi



And here are a few from Austria:



Stronghold by Summoning



Endless Summer - Fennesz



Zawinul - Joe Zawinul



Eela Craig self titled.


Also, Austria has a shit ton of classical music as well (which I'm not familiar with)
  • Quote
yer mam
  • Quote
Finland
  • Quote
I haven't heard very much music from either, but Austria has such a rich musical history (Mozart is almost 'nuff said), that it's hard not to vote for Austria.

And who could forget this classic!


Link

_________________
51 Washington, D.C. albums!
  • Quote

Link
  • Quote
I was planning on pitching a country vs country (omitting english speaking countries and perhaps Japan) Tourniment once all the other tourneys concluded. Has that been done before?

I like finland more because the handsome and skilled vladislav delay and the cute an mistifying kuupuu
_________________
Alt Right meme game on point

I FEEL DISCRIMINATED AGAINST AS A PERSON OF JUDGEMENT.
  • Quote

_________________
gi
O
  • Quote
420BongRitsu69 wrote:
I was planning on pitching a country vs country (omitting english speaking countries and perhaps Japan) Tourniment once all the other tourneys concluded. Has that been done before?

The listening work would be colossal. Getting to know a band or an album is pretty easy (depending on the band or album obviously, but in general I mean), but discovering a whole country takes much much much more time. And discovering 64 countries for a tournament... Except if the rounds last for a few months, I don't see how we could do this. Interesting idea, though.
  • Quote
drakonium wrote:
The listening work would be colossal. Getting to know a band or an album is pretty easy (depending on the band or album obviously, but in general I mean), but discovering a whole country takes much much much more time. And discovering 64 countries for a tournament... Except if the rounds last for a few months, I don't see how we could do this. Interesting idea, though.


Pretty much this. Looks good on paper, but you'd probably end up having people voting for a country based solely on one or two artists they like that happens to be from that country.
_________________
  • Quote
Maybe a tournament of artists or albums outside of certain countries... like, a world album tourney.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page 12  Next
Page 1 of 2


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.