Album of the day (#924): The Holy Bible

Goto page 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Today's album of the day

The Holy Bible by Manic Street Preachers (View album | Buy this album)

Year: 1994.
Country:
Overall rank: 251
Average rating: 76/100 (from 181 votes).



Tracks:
1. Yes
2. IfwhiteAmericatoldthetruthforonedayit'sworldwouldfallapart
3. Of Walking Abortion
4. She Is Suffering
5. Archives Of Pain
6. Revol
7. 4st 7lb
8. Mausoleum
9. Faster
10. This Is Yesterday
11. Die In The Summertime
12. The Intense Humming Of Evil
13. PCP

About album of the day: The BestEverAlbums.com album of the day is the album appearing most prominently in member charts in the previous 24 hours. If an album, or artist, has previously been selected within a x day period, the next highest album is picked instead (and so on) to ensure a bit of variety. A full history of album of the day can be viewed here.
  • Quote
In before outlaw

EDIT: Also, great album. Top tier as far as 90's alt rock goes.
  • Quote
I love this album.
  • Quote
Need to hear this one again. I remember listening to it after hearing a sequence of albums that I didn't know the genre of, all of which turned out to be alt. rock - so it was a pain to get through, I wanted to listen to Classical or Hip Hop or something.
  • Quote
Very, very good but very, very dark.
  • Quote
In small doses, it's fantastic. Too much MSP gets fatiguing, however.
_________________
Finnegan was super bad-ass.
  • Quote
I was a Manics fan after hearing their stunning early singles but quickly lost interest around the time of their second album. I was not prepared for this absolute masterpiece of a record, which took the best elements of Nirvana and Joy Division and molded them into something just as brilliant as its influences (was actually my 'gateway' album to loving JD).

The mindset of songwriter Richey Edwards was obviously very dark at the time of writing this album, and unfortunately he disappeared within a year of its release, never to be seen or heard of again. A great record to wallow in when you're angry with the world, and easily the Manic's greatest achievement.
  • Quote
Very, very good, best MSP album.
I kinda love this album.
_________________


2023
2022
  • Quote
I thought it was pretty darn mediocre dont hate me
  • Quote
Just listened to this album for the first time. One of the best I've heard in a long ass time. Definitely going on my chart.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page 12  Next
Page 1 of 2


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Sticky: Release Day Eve Repo Music
Album of the day (#371): The Holy Bible BestEverAlbums Music
The Holy Bible by Manic Street Preach... Jabapac Suggestions
[ Poll ] CLOSED 2024 BST RD2: Capitals v Holy ... Hayden Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.