Tracks:
1. The Stars Of Track And Field
2. Seeing Other People
3. Me And The Major
4. Like Dylan In The Movies
5. The Fox In The Snow
6. Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying
7. If You're Feeling Sinister
8. Mayfly
9. The Boy Done Wrong Again
10. Judy And The Dream Of Horses
About album of the day: The BestEverAlbums.com album of the day is the album appearing most prominently in member charts in the previous 24 hours. If an album, or artist, has previously been selected within a x day period, the next highest album is picked instead (and so on) to ensure a bit of variety. A full history of album of the day can be viewed here.
I used to like it a lot more than I do now, would still probably enjoyed it if I gave it a spin. I remember reading a quote about this on Lethalnezzle's chart which described the album perfectly. _________________ She's dead, wrapped in plastic.
Justice is not a frivolous thing, Simpson. It has little if anything to do with a disobedient whale.
One of my favorite albums of all time. The instrumentation in itself is fairly simple, but serves its purpose really well and makes for some really catchy songs. And despite the relative simplicity it's still really engaging as an album. Along with that, the lyrics and melodies are absolutely marvelous. Not only is the album an intensely personal message on Stuart Murdoch's part that reflects both his life and the band's state at the time, but Murdoch also has an amazing gift for storytelling. He sets up all these characters and narratives in the short time frame of a 4 minute song and makes each song feel like its own little story. And of course, the melodies are absolutely enchanting, catchy melodies that have influenced me and my songwriting a ton. This is one of the albums I can't live without, hope I didn't sound too pretentious in this post.
I don't exactly know how to put that in words, but I've been thinking just today about albums with a great songwriting. What I mean is albums whose songwritings are so good that they could maintain their quality whichever band would perform them... do you see?
Anyway, this album would be part of that list. Everything here is just perfectly done. Seriously, every composition here is exceptional. Most bands would kill to have a single song from this on one of their albums. And while this may be my favorite B&S record, what I said earlier is also true for the previous and following records (I've not listened to the others yet).
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES AND YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been waiting for this day. Never have I heard such clever melodies compacted in 41mins. Fantastic album _________________
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum