2010 Revisited

Goto page 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
I thought I would bump the old thread about 2010 albums, but it's closed. You can read people's thoughts here: http://www.besteveralbums.com/phpBB2/vi...mp;start=0

Anyway, I thought now that 3 years have passed, we could see what we made a fuss of then, what has stayed relevant, and what has faded. How have our perceptions of 2010 changed?

For me, Black Keys and Gorillaz have dropped - I still like Brothers and Plastic Beach, but not like I used to. Instead, I find The Roots, Vampire Weekend and Janelle Monae have risen in my estimation. All 3 of their albums from 2010 I now see as classic.

Thoughts?
_________________
Finnegan was super bad-ass.
  • Quote
Have One On Me wins everything.
I can't really say how my perspective has changed, since my musical taste was very limited at that point in time, and I wasn't on this site, but...Yeah, Have One On Me is the best of 2010. XD
  • Quote
I have 6/7 albums from 2010 in my chart,so as you can imagine I really love it. I didn't have an internet connection for most of it,so every album I got my hands on(mostly through mates giving me them on a usb) ,I cherished them, which made me love the albums I had even more. I don't really know much beyond about 35 albums,which is nowhere near as much as I have listened to for any of the last 6 or 7 years. So I guess I need to get on that,will use this thread to check out a few albums.

Top 10 for 2010

10. The Drums - The Drums
9. These New Puritans - Hidden
8. Four Tet - There Is Love In You
7. How To Dress Well - Love Remains
6. Drake - Thank Me Later
5. Forest Swords - Dagger Paths
4. Warpaint - The Fool
3. Waka Flocka Flame - Flockaveli
2. Mount Kimbie - Crooks & Lovers
1. Best Coast - Crazy For You

Edit: ShaneSpear just reminded me,but it would take too much time to re arrange so just imagine MGMT's Congratulations in there somewhere


Last edited by GeevyDallas on 06/13/2013 21:23; edited 1 time in total
  • Quote
The only album on my chart from 2010 is MBDTF, but there would likely be more if it weren't for the 1 album/artist limit. Teen Dream, example, would absolutely be there.

My top 10 right now are:

1. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy - Kanye West
2. Teen Dream - Beach House
3. Contra - Vampire Weekend
4. The Suburbs - Arcade Fire
5. Have One On Me - Joanna Newsom
6. Crazy for You - Best Coast
7. The Wild Hunt - The Tallest Man on Earth
8. Public Strain - Women
9. High Violet - The National
10. Small Craft on a Milk Sea - Brian Eno

Very solid year, but there have been better.
_________________
My top songs of the 2010s
and
Spotify link

Last.fm
  • Quote
Congratulations. Am I right?
  • Quote
-1245 days til Transference. It was good.
  • Quote
junodog4 wrote:


For me, Black Keys and Gorillaz have dropped - I still like Brothers and Plastic Beach, but not like I used to.


Same. ๐Ÿ˜• Those were both in my top 5 of the year at one point.. I think they're both out of the top 20 now.
_________________
Doubles & Conch
  • Quote
Age of Adz continues to be my #1 of the decade, so far.
  • Quote
My number 1 of the decade is Sting in the Tail - Scorpions. An album, and I've said this before, that proves rock is not dead. I've only heard 4 albums of this year, sadly. The other three are MBDTF, The Suburbs, and Band of Joy. All great except the last which is 7.5/10.
  • Quote
My top 10 for 2010, as is.

1. Arcade Fire - The Suburbs
2. Beach House - Teen Dream
3. The National - High Violet
4. Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
5. Wavves - King Of The Beach
6. The Black Keys - Brothers
7. Joanna Newsom - Have One On Me
8. Fionn Regan - The Shadow Of An Empire
9. The Tallest Man On Earth - The Wild Hunt
10. I'll Eat Your Face - Irritant

Still changing constantly... ๐Ÿ˜Ž
_________________


2023
2022

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page 12  Next
Page 1 of 2


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Best Films of The Decade (2010-2019)[... Hayden Movies & TV
2010: your Midyear top 10 cartoken Music
Post Your Top Ten of the 2010 Guest Music
The published lists for 2010 videoheadcleaner Music
[ Poll ] BYT - G0 - 1970 (Rocky) ties with 201... Defago Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.