2013 ALC #13: Warp & Weft

Goto page 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote


Warp & Weft is Laura Veirs' ninth LP (tenth if you count the soundtrack to Hello I Must Be Going). Nothing out of the ordinary for those of you who have already listened to one of her previous albums: folk, rock, & folk-rock basically. What's out of the ordinary is the incredible quality of the songwriting. I've only begun listening to it last week and I already rank it among her best LPs, right up there with Carbon Glacier and July Flame. It's supposed to have been written while Veirs was eight-months pregnant (which sort of makes some of the lyrics pretty poignant), and the CD comes with a free origami. That's possibly all you need to know for now.

You can find it on Deezer: http://www.deezer.com/fr/album/6858269

Enjoy!


Last edited by Norman Bates on 09/04/2013 20:42; edited 1 time in total
  • Quote
Didn't harkan post number 12? I'm a bit confused about whats going on here, but I'm willing to listen to whatever is suggested, I'll give my thoughts on it.

For those of you who are also confused, as of now, Harkan's is the official number 12, this one will require further investigation.
  • Quote
Oops, last one I saw was #11. Sorry about the mess. Maybe a mod can change the title?
  • Quote
Norman Bates wrote:
Maybe a mod can change the title?

You can by editing your first post.
  • Quote
drakonium wrote:
You can by editing your first post.


Thanks.
  • Quote
Not one negative comment! I'm so glad everybody loves this. I love you.
  • Quote
Norman Bates wrote:
Not one negative comment! I'm so glad everybody loves this. I love you.


I've been a bit busy, but been looking forward to finally hearing this album. I had forgotten it was released until you posted this
_________________
http://jonnyleather.com
  • Quote
i like the album a lot. I do love folk, and i feel like there a more and more really good females in the genre.

if you like this you might give Amanda Shires a listen, she just released this album last month


Down Fell The Doves by Amanda Shires

Also, she recently married Jason Isbell (our week 10 ALC artist), and has been the fiddle player in Todd Snider's band the past few years.

But back to W&W...

I really like Sun Song and Shape Shifter (also a pretty big fan of alliteration) and what is a folk album with out a decent protest-y song (America).

Great choice. will definitely get some more turns.

-My order of ALC Albums so far-

1. Southeastern
2. Partygoing
3. Country Sleep
4. A Brief Intro to Unnatural Light Years
5. Warp & Weft
6. Som Sakrifis
7. Other life
8. Sing to the Moon
9. The Word as Power
10. Sub Verses
11. Devil Put the Dinosaurs Here
12. Future is Cancelled
13. Infestissumam

https://play.spotify.com/user/ryanbrun1...I2SnV5dNW0

Also... This is a link to a Spotify playlist of all the ALC albums in chronological order (except Future is Cancelled).
I will continue to update it each week.

Spoitfy is typically my go-to source for music, it is free to use on your computer (with an email address). And I know musicians get a percentage for "clicks" on their tunes.
  • Quote
Just downloaded, will listen later. If you want it hmu
  • Quote
ryanbrun1 wrote:


https://play.spotify.com/user/ryanbrun1...I2SnV5dNW0

Also... This is a link to a Spotify playlist of all the ALC albums in chronological order (except Future is Cancelled).
I will continue to update it each week.

Spoitfy is typically my go-to source for music, it is free to use on your computer (with an email address). And I know musicians get a percentage for "clicks" on their tunes.


Ah good idea, thanks!

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page 12  Next
Page 1 of 2


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
2013 ALC #9: A Brief Introduction to ... imnotanotter Music
2013 ALC #12: The Word As Power videoheadcleaner Music
2013 ALC #2: Akron/Family - Sub Verses MrFrogger Music
2013 ALC #5: The Future Is Cancelled Guest Music
2013 ALC #8: Sing To The Moon Guest Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.