Tracks:
1. Intro
2. Suds & Soda
3. W.C.S. [First Draft]
4. Jigsaw You
5. Morticiachair
6. Via
7. Right as Rain [Live]
8. Mute
9. Let's Get Lost
10. Hotellounge (Be the Death of Me)
11. Shake Your Hip
12. Great American Nude
13. Secret Hell
14. Divebomb Djingle
About world album of the day: The BestEverAlbums.com world album of the day is the album appearing most prominently in member charts in the previous 24 hours, but not including albums from Australia, Canada, Ireland, United Kingdom or United States. If an album, or artist, has previously been selected within a x day period, the next highest album is picked instead (and so on) to ensure a bit of variety. A full history of world album of the day can be viewed here.
The debut album from dEUS. It sort of restarted rock in Belgium (at least Flanders), which we're harvesting now (absynthe minded, black box revelation, triggerfinger ... ). We hadn't heard anything like Suds & Soda before by any Belgian band. (Personally, I still can't stand this particular song, but yeah...) So, this album was highly influential in Belgium, but what is it value to the entire world? I'd say it's rather limited. Certainly not a must have, but nice if you like 90s experimental music, with a touch of VU, Nirvana, Zappa, Beefheart, Pixies and perhaps Radiohead.
Must check out dEUS properly soon, 'Little Arithmetics' is a great track, although it's not on this particular album. antiloopje, any opinion on another Belgian act, Marble Sounds? Seems quite good based on what I've heard so far. Very different from dEUS, of course.
Well, I went into their top three albums yesterday, but I must admit I liked this one the least. As for those Marble Sounds, sorry, I've never even heard about them. (Perhaps I should listen to the radio once in a while ๐ )
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum