NULL album?

Goto page 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
There's an album I recently added that meets the criteria for adding an album: more than twenty minutes, and more than 3 (or is it 5?) tracks. The album has been marked "NULL" and is to be deleted soon. Can this be fixed? Because it shouldn't be deleted.
  • Quote
I don't think the track amount counts, look at albums like Tubular Bells for example.
Presuming you mean this album though?

Certainly a debatable one I guess, suppose the problem is that it was never was released as an album except as a companion to this book. Hmm, it's an unusual one. ๐Ÿค”
_________________


2023
2022
  • Quote
Patman360 wrote:
I don't think the track amount counts, look at albums like Tubular Bells for example.
Presuming you mean this album though?

Certainly a debatable one I guess, suppose the problem is that it was never was released as an album except as a companion to this book. Hmm, it's an unusual one. :-k


Yep. It's still an album, though, and it counts as a soundtrack, even if it's for a book. If it wasn't eligible, we could just delete all the video game and movie soundtracks on the site.

EDIT: this was not meant to be a rude remark in anyway. It appeared to me to be one after I posted it.
  • Quote
JMan wrote:
Yep. It's still an album, though, and it counts as a soundtrack, even if it's for a book. If it wasn't eligible, we could just delete all the video game and movie soundtracks on the site.


I guess the difference could be that the video game/film/television soundtracks on the site have since been released separately as albums, maybe that's not the case with the soundtrack to this book?
_________________


2023
2022
  • Quote
Patman360 wrote:
I guess the difference could be that the video game/film/television soundtracks on the site have since been released separately as albums, maybe that's not the case with the soundtrack to this book?


This is what I was thinking. It was never released as an official album. It's more like an audiobook.
_________________
  • Quote
Jasonconfused wrote:
This is what I was thinking. It was never released as an official album. It's more like an audiobook.


An audiobook that doesn't tell a part of the book that was ever written in the book? it's about the competition itself.

I didn't know there were more readers of the book on BEA.
  • Quote
JMan wrote:
I didn't know there were more readers of the book on BEA.

I've never read it, I looked around and couldn't find the album available on its own, only as an accompaniment to the book, the fact that this was never released on its own as an album is the reason that the legality of it is being questioned.
_________________


2023
2022
  • Quote
Patman360 wrote:
I've never read it, I looked around and couldn't find the album available on its own, only as an accompaniment to the book, the fact that this was never released on its own as an album is the reason that the legality of it is being questioned.


I can send you links to all the videos. It's a good album. Much bette than I thought it would be. The highest rating I gave was 85, most tracks ranged from 80-75, and there was one 65. The album goes for an electronic/space sound while including soft and heavy tunes ranging from pop to folk to "traditional space music" to a tiny bit of grunge. Graeme's voioce is decent, and he uses multiple singing voices for all the bands.

The book itself is supposed to have a mildly 2112 style story about a kid travelling space with his guitar. Haven't read it in a while, but I'm hoping to pick up a couple Graeme Base books online to learn some more art techniques.
  • Quote
JMan wrote:
I can send you links to all the videos. It's a good album. Much bette than I thought it would be. The highest rating I gave was 85, most tracks ranged from 80-75, and there was one 65. The album goes for an electronic/space sound while including soft and heavy tunes ranging from pop to folk to "traditional space music" to a tiny bit of grunge. Graeme's voioce is decent, and he uses multiple singing voices for all the bands.

The book itself is supposed to have a mildly 2112 style story about a kid travelling space with his guitar. Haven't read it in a while, but I'm hoping to pick up a couple Graeme Base books online to learn some more art techniques.


This is all irrelevant to whether the album is allowed on BEA or not.
_________________
  • Quote
All albums on BEA need to be proper releases (e.g. for soundtrack albums, they need to exist in their own right, separate to the movies that they they appear on.) As Patman360 has suggested, the problem with this item is that it isn't a proper release (& you can't buy it without buying the book as well).

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page 12  Next
Page 1 of 2


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
World album of the day (#445): The Al... albummaster Music
Novelty album covers or album packaging bobbyb5 Music
Album for album club? The Mubla Music
Is your favourite album not a "B... AndrewJFisher Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.