BEMV - R1: Drop def. The Suburbs [CLSD]

Goto page 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic

Poll: The winner is?
THE PHARCYDE - Drop:
62%
 62%  [15]
ARCADE FIRE - The Suburbs:
37%
 37%  [9]
Total Votes : 24

  • Quote
THE PHARCYDE - Drop

nominated by GeevyDallas

Year: 1996
Director: Spike Jonze



Link


Vs.

ARCADE FIRE - The Suburbs

nominated by Saoirse

Year: 2010
Director: Spike Jonze



Link



Last edited by videoheadcleaner on 02/06/2014 06:15; edited 1 time in total
  • Quote
'Drop' is the best video of all-time. When I saw that this tournament was taking place, I rushed to nominate it, to find it had already been done (big up Geevy). It won't win because Arcade Fire, but it deserves the whole tournament. An absolutely beautiful clip. Here's a HD version so you can fully appreciate it in all its majesty:


Link


(Change to 720p for optimal effect.)
  • Quote
"Drop". "The Suburbs" is beautifully filmed, but frankly I didn't even get the plot? "Drop" is fun, graceful, and technically great.
  • Quote
Norman Bates wrote:
"Drop". "The Suburbs" is beautifully filmed, but frankly I didn't even get the plot? "Drop" is fun, graceful, and technically great.

There's a short film called "Scenes from the Suburbs" that explains the plot.
http://vimeo.com/36170225
  • Quote
This is a really hard choice, since both are absolutely fantastic and they were both directed by Spike Jonze. I have to go with "The Suburbs", though.
  • Quote
Allright, a Jonze battle. I can't really choose cause they're both terrific examples of two very different types of visual storytelling.
  • Quote
Both are really good ๐Ÿค”

Not a clue. I think it's a bit unfair with the entire 40-or-so minute video behind The Suburbs being quite good as well.

But Drop is a worthy contender... Not sure ๐Ÿ˜•
_________________
Doubles & Conch
  • Quote
Let's take a moment to gaze on Spike's beautiful face



<3 The man can clearly do anything.

As Saoirse pointed out they're very different styles with very different aims. I'll give to the The Drop even though I gotta say (at the risk of being mauled) Coldplay did it better 7 years later. ๐Ÿซธ
  • Quote
Jhereko wrote:
Coldplay did it better 7 years later.


Coldplay took an idea that had already been done and took all the fun out of it.
  • Quote
Sig.
_________________

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page 12  Next
Page 1 of 2


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
[ Poll ] BEMV - R3: Rabbit In Your Headlights ... videoheadcleaner Tournaments
[ Poll ] BEMV - R2: Drop def. The Irony Of It ... videoheadcleaner Tournaments
[ Poll ] CLOSED- BNMAT- Yuck def The Suburbs Happymeal Tournaments
[ Poll ] BEMV - R2: Svefn-g-elgar def. Junior ... videoheadcleaner Tournaments
[ Poll ] BEMV - R1: Windowlicker def. Fools Go... videoheadcleaner Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.