Scary Albums

Goto page 123456  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
I was wandering if there are any music albums that could be called scary. I'm not talking about bad music but stuff which could be described as having a spooky or menacing atmosphere. Something foreboding and not completely in your face (ie: Screaming and growling all the way through). Are there any albums on this site which will fit the bill?
  • Quote
Come to mind :

Slint - Spiderland !!!
Cabaret Voltaire - Red Mecca
Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds - From Her to Eternity
Virgin Prunes - ...If I Die, I Die
Nine Inch Nails - The Downward Spiral, dark stuff

yeah, quite a lot of creepy post-punk/goth out there
  • Quote
Well, if you want one that is in your face and scary try "Couple Tracks" by Fucked Up, scared me
And best bet would be some classical music, plays with you emotions more so than any other type of music
  • Quote
And one of the scariest soundtracks ever : "Suspiria" by the Goblin (1977 italian horror movie by Dario Argento)
  • Quote
I'd say your best bet would be 'Black Sabbath' by Black Sabbath. Try the first song 'Black Sabbath.'

Other than that, Dimmu Borgir isn't that great in my opinion, but they have creepy symphonies and dark opera singers. I must warn you though, there is a bit of growling.
  • Quote
Check out:

Kunzel, Erich & Cincinnati Pops Orchestra-Chiller

Includes:
1. Opening Sequence (SFX)
2. Webber: Overture to The Phantom of the Opera 2:12
3. Moussorgsky: Night on Bald Mountain 10:41
4. Saint-Saens: Danse Macabre 7:45
5. Berlioz: March to the Scaffold from Symphonie fantastique 5:02
6. Berlioz: Pandemonium from The Damnation of Faust 3:26
7. Grieg: In the Hall of the Mountain King from Peer Gynt 2:31
8. Synthesizer Effects (SFX)
9. Constant: Theme from The Twilight Zone
10. 12,000 Volts (SFX)
11. Waxman: The Bride of Frankenstein 5:11
12. Herrmann: Sleigh Ride from The Devil and Daniel Webster 1:55
13. Herrmann: Prelude from Psycho 1:32
14. Herrmann: The Mad House from Psycho 2:00
15. Murder (SFX) from Psycho 1:20
16. Addison: Overture to Sleuth 2:52
17. Television Noise (SFX)
18. Goldsmith: The Light from Poltergeist 2:42
19. Mancini: Super Sleuth from Without a Clue 2:06
20. Gounod: Funeral March of a Marionette (from Alfred Hitchcock Presents) 3:38
_________________
Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by RFNAPLES
Bubbling Under The Top 100 Greatest Music Albums, Part 1 by RFNAPLES
  • Quote
There are only two albums I've ever heard that I would consider "scary": Delirium Cordia by Fantomas and Burned Mind by Wolf Eyes. Both are really constructed around building suspense and scaring the shit out of the listener when they least expect it. They're both REALLY intense. Also try Last Rights by Skinny Puppy if you want a similar effect.
_________________
I love all music. It makes you feel like living. Silence is death.

-John Cassavettes
  • Quote
I was kind of secretly hoping i would mention this first, but I've always thought The Drift by Scott Walker was a genuinely scary album without using really hokey scare tactics. Check it out.
  • Quote
Little Earthqua-Oh, wait ๐Ÿ˜œ

Really, if Black Sabbath's debut is your definition of scary (there's no denying it's awesome), then I think that Metallica's Master of Puppets would be as well, along with Pinkerton.
  • Quote
Thriller - Micheal Jackson ?? ๐Ÿ˜

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page 123456  Next
Page 1 of 6


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
What are albums are your Top 10 Great... hestiacarrow1994 Music
best ever albums or coolest ever albums martintho Suggestions
200 Best Albums Ever!!!! tvfc Music
Apple Music 100 Best Albums 2024 rkm Music
chart suggestion: 1001 Albums You Mus... ChromeAce Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.