BEMV - R1: Two Weeks def. Shock The Monkey [CLSD]

Goto page 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic

Poll: The winner is?
GRIZZLY BEAR - Two Weeks:
68%
 68%  [11]
PETER GABRIEL - Shock The Monkey:
31%
 31%  [5]
Total Votes : 16

  • Quote
GRIZZLY BEAR - Two Weeks

nominated by Jhereko

Year: 2009
Director: Gabe Askew


http://vimeo.com/5904993

Vs.

PETER GABRIEL - Shock The Monkey

nominated by Goodsir

Year: 1982
Director: Brian Grant



Link



Last edited by videoheadcleaner on 02/13/2014 09:09; edited 1 time in total
  • Quote
I love "Shock The Monkey" but its video seems to be one of those that just has some interesting images with no connection that hopes to have a complete meaning by throwing them together.

That Two Weeks video despite not being the official video is one of the my favourite videos in any medium ever. The animation is gorgeous, the blending with the song is perfect and the images and story are striking.
  • Quote
I'm voting Shara Nelson walking down the block.
  • Quote
Norman Bates wrote:
I'm voting Shara Nelson walking down the block.

_________________
  • Quote
The Grizzle Bear vid is annoyingly cutesy to the point where it brings back bad memories of the It's A Small World ride at Disneyland. Unfortunately, the Pete Gabriel vid is no better. Abstain.
  • Quote
lethalnezzle wrote:
The Grizzle Bear vid is annoyingly cutesy to the point where it brings back bad memories of the It's A Small World ride at Disneyland.


Genuinely lol'd.
_________________
  • Quote
Mr. Gabriel without a doubt.
  • Quote
The Gabriel video is definitely not his best. The Grizzly Bear video was quite well done. but it also reminded me that I wish I nominated this much much better Department of Eagles video.


Link

_________________
http://jonnyleather.com
  • Quote
lethalnezzle wrote:
The Grizzle Bear vid is annoyingly cutesy to the point where it brings back bad memories of the It's A Small World ride at Disneyland.


The official video isn't cutesy, but it's much worse.


Link
  • Quote
Puncture Repair wrote:
The official video isn't cutesy, but it's much worse.

Must we disagree on everything music videos related? I love this vid. The one nominated... Ehhh, not so much..
meccalecca wrote:
The Gabriel video is definitely not his best. The Grizzly Bear video was quite well done. but it also reminded me that I wish I nominated this much much better Department of Eagles video.


Link

And I agree here, this vid is wonderful, shame no one nominated it.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page 12  Next
Page 1 of 2


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
[ Poll ] BEMV - R2: Sugar Water def. Two Weeks... videoheadcleaner Tournaments
[ Poll ] BEMV - R1: Two Tribes def. I Touch A ... videoheadcleaner Tournaments
[ Poll ] BEMV - R2: Two Tribes lost to Born Fr... videoheadcleaner Tournaments
[ Poll ] BER Round 1: Gift of Gab vs. Shock G ... Guest Tournaments
[ Poll ] BEMV - R1: Needing/Getting def. I Fin... videoheadcleaner Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.