BEMV - R1: Fit But Don't You Know It lost to Born Free[CLSD]

View previous topic :: View next topic

Poll: The winner is?
THE STREETS - Fit But Don't You Know It:
40%
 40%  [4]
M.I.A. - Born Free:
60%
 60%  [6]
Total Votes : 10

  • Quote
THE STREETS - Fit But Don't You Know It

nominated by Patman360

Year: 2004
Director: n/a



Link


Vs.

M.I.A. - Born Free

nominated by Kool Keith Sweat

Year: 2012
Director: Romain Gavras



Link



Last edited by videoheadcleaner on 02/17/2014 06:37; edited 1 time in total
  • Quote
'Born Free' by a huge margin.
  • Quote
The "Free" vid's point is terribly simplistic and didactic. But in terms of sheer efficiency, it's unbeatable, and goes very well with MIA's rip-off.

I think the other Gavras video I know is better: it's Justice's "Stress" (also one of the only Justice tracks I dig).


Link


All in all, it shows Gavras is an apt but limited director. He can direct but cannot do anything but touch themes he thinks are "controversial". Still, that "Stress" video is powerful. Technique wins.
  • Quote
Born Free without a doubt.
  • Quote
Born Free, apart from being an amazing video, is actually a really unrated song from 2010 despite it's popularity.

But yeah, that one. The Strokes video is average.
_________________
Doubles & Conch
  • Quote
Hayden wrote:
The Strokes video is average.

If that sounds like The Strokes to you, you're tripping m8
  • Quote
I realize now as I reread it that that may be ambiguous, but the nightmare is not living for an eternity but rather the living itself.
_________________
The bunny costumes for women uk should be easy and stylish instead of being big and swollen.
  • Quote
JollyPames wrote:
I realize now as I reread it that that may be ambiguous, but the nightmare is not living for an eternity but rather the living itself.


Hey JollyPames, could you tell me more about those fascinating bunny costumes for women uk? You don't have to sweet talk me, I've got a credit card full of money here and I'm ready to spend spend spend!
  • Quote
M.I.A. = W.I.N.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
[ Poll ] BEMV - R4: Born Free lost to Praise Y... videoheadcleaner Tournaments
[ Poll ] BEMV - R2: Two Tribes lost to Born Fr... videoheadcleaner Tournaments
[ Poll ] BEMV - R3: Doo Wop (That Thing) lost ... videoheadcleaner Tournaments
[ Poll ] BEMV - R1 - Free ... v I Will Follow ... videoheadcleaner Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.