Do you think thinking too much is a bad thing to do? Because I'm starting to believe my life would be better if I wasn't thinking all the time. It's just constant and it gets in the way of lots of activities.
I am very much an over thinker, and it's definitely a bad thing. It makes me lose sleep and makes it impossible for me to focus on anything that I don't find really interesting.
HazeyTwilightboyfriend in your wet dreamsProfile Elmo Knows Where You Live
I am very much an over thinker, and it's definitely a bad thing. It makes me lose sleep and makes it impossible for me to focus on anything that I don't find really interesting.
This.
It also doesn't help when the majority of things you over think are based on negative emotions. _________________
I'm definitely an over-thinker and it's caused a lot of problems, especially regarding relationships - it can be very restricting.
I'm really good friends with an under-thinker though (which sounds rude, but quite true) and it's caused him a lot of problems as well - it's really great that we're able to give each other advice either way.
Nobody is perfect, as we all know, it's really just a case of understanding your faults and working around them. I really wish I wasn't so self-conscious.
It depends what you're thinking about. "Overthinking," or "thinking too much," by definition, is bad. Thinking a lot, on the other hand, I recommend. Otherwise you can get stuck in the "ignorance is bliss" delusion. _________________
meccaleccaVoice of ReasonProfile The Land of Enchantment
Do you think thinking too much is a bad thing to do? Because I'm starting to believe my life would be better if I wasn't thinking all the time. It's just constant and it gets in the way of lots of activities.
Do you consider yourself an over thinker?
Apathy makes life easy, but it's an evil that you must strive to overcome. Overthinking may be a bit depressing, but that's because ignorance is bliss _________________ http://jonnyleather.com
JackwcQueen Of The ForumsProfile Aaaanywhere Sex: Incredible
These days, it seems like I'm over-thinking things more than I'm not. Whenever I do over-think, I end up getting really depressed and start pondering what the meaning of life really is. I've come to realize over the years that this is both good and horridly bad. Because I'm an over-thinker, it looks to me that I've sometimes taken things way too seriously that weren't supposed to be taken seriously in the slightest. But, at the same time, I savor every moment of my life, because my mind keeps reminding me that it could come to a sad end at any point.
Whenever I get really depressed and can't stop crying even if I tried, I try to change perspective. Changing perspective and just counting the good, wholesome things in your life helps me every time. It reminds me that this existence is most certainly for a reason, and I'm not just here for nothing.
Sometimes I also get really hung up on the past. Even though I'm still quite young, I'm longing for childhood almost every day. Locked inside my house since my parents refuse to drive me anywhere, I'm alone almost every waking hour. I'm stuck in here with my thoughts, this forum and a few friends on Skype. But, I make the most of all of that the best I can, and genuinely care for everyone that pays me the slightest bit of attention.
outlaw, if you're over-thinking, you should really change perspective. Make a few friends in your social life. (Not just on BEA) And please, make the most of every day. If you're down in the dumps right now, I wish you only the absolute best. Enjoy your life, and just have fun. ๐
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum