Velvet Underground Vs. The Beatles

Goto page Previous  1234567
View previous topic :: View next topic

Poll: Which band is better?
Velvet Underground:
42%
 42%  [27]
Beatles:
57%
 57%  [36]
Total Votes : 63

  • Quote
Yourselfisntsteam wrote:

Its all a matter of perspective I guess.
I've enjoyed this discussion quite a bit though. ๐Ÿ˜„

lastly, its amazing what a quick google search can come up with:


Link


Go figure.


I really enjoyed discussing with you too and I would gladly do it again anytime ๐Ÿ˜„
  • Quote
The Beatles
  • Quote
I don't think this is a fair comparison. The Velvet Underground are like the anti-Beatles. Both bands are wonderful in their own way but their strengths are so different... Love 'em both -- but if only one could exist I'd have to pick the Beatles. Tough, tough question...
_________________
My voodoo master, my machine, baby, will not stand in line...
  • Quote
btener11 wrote:
I don't think this is a fair comparison. The Velvet Underground are like the anti-Beatles. Both bands are wonderful in their own way but their strengths are so different... Love 'em both -- but if only one could exist I'd have to pick the Beatles. Tough, tough question...


I agree with you, I don't think it's that fair either.
_________________
If you can't give me heaven, Ill raise hell, till it's heaven
  • Quote
Cafu86 wrote:
I agree with you, I don't think it's that fair either.


Who said it had to be fair?

Besides, I think it's fair. It's not like My Bloody Valentine Vs. The Beatles. Now that'd be unfair.
_________________
Doubles & Conch
  • Quote
Hayden wrote:
Who said it had to be fair?

Besides, I think it's fair. It's not like My Bloody Valentine Vs. The Beatles. Now that'd be unfair.


Not that The Beatles would not lose in that matchup either ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Quote
I'd have to go with The Beatles purely because of how consistently brilliant they have been spanning over so many great records.

The Beatles also sound more timeless, much of The Velvet Underground's work sounds like it was made in the 60s, whereas Revolver feels as though it could have been made in the past 20 years.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1234567
Page 7 of 7


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
The Velvet Underground & Nico by ... Johnnyo Music
Why The Velvet Underground are better... mooseboy101 Music
What are the best The Velvet Undergro... RoundTheBend Music
[ Poll ] Stage 2 The Velvet Underground & ... alelsupreme Tournaments
[ Poll ] Semi Finals: Hunky Dory V Velvet Unde... alelsupreme Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.