I must be getting old ๐จ because I have reached a point in my life where I have stopped paying attention to new bands. Most newer bands I listen to started in at least the early 2000's (The National, The Decemberists, Janelle Monae) Part of the problem is, I'm in a foreign country (South Korea) currently (although I have access to the internet so that's not much of an excuse) and I don't have as much free time as I used to.
So I ask those of you who are tuned in and who have your ears to the ground, who are the new bands I should check out? What are the debut and sophomore albums that have come out in the last few years that aren't to be missed? I'm curious. I should mention I'm not much into electronic music or heavy rock. I like some of most other genres though, especially indie pop /rock. ๐ Most of you who have been around a while know my taste by now, but in case you don't, here's my chart:
Out of curiosity - what are you doing in South Korea (aside from obviously spying for the North Korean government)? _________________ A dick that's bigger than the sun.
--------------
You should probably just do a walk through Anthony Fantano's Needledrop archive on YouTube too, since he just started about 2-3 years ago and tries to do as much music from new artists as possible.
Out of curiosity - what are you doing in South Korea (aside from obviously spying for the North Korean government)?
๐คซ
๐คฃ I'm teaching English as a foreign language. Incidentally, if you're struggling financially (and who isn't?) and you think you could handle it, I recommend it. Do some research first though. You'll want to keep your sexual orientation a secret though. Korea is sort of like America in the 1950's (except, it's a lot more technological).
Thanks for the You Tube clips. I'll check those out. I've heard of two of the ones mentioned, but haven't really listened to them closely yet.
JackwcQueen Of The ForumsProfile Aaaanywhere Sex: Incredible
:lol: I'm teaching English as a foreign language. Incidentally, if you're struggling financially (and who isn't?) and you think you could handle it, I recommend it. Do some research first though. You'll want to keep your sexual orientation a secret though. Korea is sort of like America in the 1950's (except, it's a lot more technological).
Thanks for the You Tube clips. I'll check those out. I've heard of two of the ones mentioned, but haven't really listened to them closely yet.
...do you actually have to know substatial amounts of Korean? _________________ A dick that's bigger than the sun.
...do you actually have to know substatial amounts of Korean?
Nope. In fact, most schools want you to teach English in English (They don't want you translating or having the students speaking Korean in the classroom). They believe in submersion. Although some of their other educational approaches are ass backwards. ๐ค
JackwcQueen Of The ForumsProfile Aaaanywhere Sex: Incredible
Nope. In fact, most schools want you to teach English in English (They don't want you translating or having the students speaking Korean in the classroom). They believe in submersion. Although some of their other educational approaches are ass backwards. :-k
Hmm... you know, I might actually look into this. I've always enjoyed Korean cooking and Korean women.
Not so much Korean men, although it turns out that may be a good thing as you've already told me it's more-or-less homophobe central so I shouldn't bother. _________________ A dick that's bigger than the sun.
Hmm... you know, I might actually look into this. I've always enjoyed Korean cooking and Korean women.
Not so much Korean men, although it turns out that may be a good thing as you've already told me it's more-or-less homophobe central so I shouldn't bother.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum