Kings of Leon

Goto page Previous  12345
View previous topic :: View next topic

Poll: Kings of Leon?
I love them:
8%
 8%  [3]
pretty good:
19%
 19%  [7]
ok:
38%
 38%  [14]
kind of bad:
19%
 19%  [7]
total shit:
13%
 13%  [5]
Total Votes : 36

  • Quote
HigherThanTheSun wrote:
Overrated just means 'other people like it more than I do'

It describes how one feels about an artist relative to how they are viewed by others. For example, calling a band shit is pretty absolute, yet it's possible to like an artist whilst still feeling they're overrated.

It's an expression of personal opinion, not an objective critique.

Thing is though, seeing how badly Kings Of Leon get slated these days I fail to see how they're overrated. In fact seeing how many people avoid their great early albums based on current reputation I'd argue that their early albums are in fact underrated.


You described it well. But it's not just about the rest of the world's opinion. It can also be about how one person feels about a band relative to one other person's opinion of the band. If a friend of yours thinks that The Beatles is the worst band ever, and you like them, then you would think that your friend underrates The Beatles.

And yes, one can like an artist and still feel that artist is overrated. Similarly, one can dislike an artist but still feel that that artist is criticised too much, and is underrated.
  • Quote
I consider "total shit" something of a compliment for them, but I figure that's the fairest assessment I can give based on the option.
  • Quote
I can almost forgive Kings of Leon for their recent crimes against music on the basis that they did make one absolutely perfect song early in their career:


Link


keyword: almost.
WIth the albums after Aha Shake Heartbreak they went from being slightly average to completely awful.
  • Quote
Borve Baunehoj wrote:
I saw them live at a festival last year, where they performed right after Janelle Monรกe. Talk about a decrease of energy and charisma.


i saw them circa 2006 and they came off as an energetic, rockin', guitar-driven version of interpol. i was highly impressed. (they were the opener for who i was there to see.)
_________________
fav artists NOW | ALL-TIME favs | i listen 2 more music than u so u don't have 2!

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  12345
Page 5 of 5


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
[ Poll ] What is your favorite Kings of Leon a... jlsfourth Music
Kings Of Leon are The Beatles of today. Guest Music
Kings Of Leon - Youth And Young Manhood? HigherThanTheSun Music
COLDPLAY VS KINGS OF LEON jlsfourth Music
[ Poll ] Crusader Kings II: A Game of Thrones ... mickilennial Lounge

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.