Beach House

Goto page Previous  12
View previous topic :: View next topic

Poll: Which album is better?
Teen Dream:
71%
 71%  [10]
Bloom:
28%
 28%  [4]
Total Votes : 14

  • Quote
revolver94 wrote:
Contest on RYM? are those official things that go on, or something similar to what you did with the women in music tourney?


They had a ten year anniversary thing. I put my name in and won Teen Dream.

http://rateyourmusic.com/list/titusfox/rym_10th_anniversary_giveaway___winners___/
  • Quote
Bloom

I liked Teen Dream but never quite got why so much fuss was being made. Nice but nothing special. As an album Bloom is far far better.

Either way it confuses me that such a decidedly middling band (not a criticism just an observation) would be so heralded whilst Coldplay and other moderate bands/artists still gets flak from a lot of people. Bizarre double standard.
  • Quote
Jhereko wrote:
Bloom

I liked Teen Dream but never quite got why so much fuss was being made. Nice but nothing special. As an album Bloom is far far better.

Either way it confuses me that such a decidedly middling band (not a criticism just an observation) would be so heralded whilst Coldplay and other moderate bands/artists still gets flak from a lot of people. Bizarre double standard.


Maybe one is more popular than the other?

IDK, who is "Coldplay"
  • Quote
Teen Dream is better.

Went with that.
_________________
Doubles & Conch
  • Quote
Jhereko wrote:
Bloom

I liked Teen Dream but never quite got why so much fuss was being made. Nice but nothing special. As an album Bloom is far far better.

Either way it confuses me that such a decidedly middling band (not a criticism just an observation) would be so heralded whilst Coldplay and other moderate bands/artists still gets flak from a lot of people. Bizarre double standard.


Aaaaagreed. Except I don't really see the correlation between them and Coldplay..
  • Quote
Devotion ๐Ÿ˜จ
  • Quote
Necharsian wrote:
Aaaaagreed. Except I don't really see the correlation between them and Coldplay..


Well they're both bands that I would describe as 'middling' or 'moderate'. Easy to listen to, inoffensive, not particularly innovative, slow to evolve (although Coldplay certainly win in this department), simple song structures, complete focus on melody and one has a female singer that sounds like a man and the other has a male singer who sounds like a woman. So it all balances out.
  • Quote
Jhereko wrote:
Bloom

I liked Teen Dream but never quite got why so much fuss was being made. Nice but nothing special. As an album Bloom is far far better.

Either way it confuses me that such a decidedly middling band (not a criticism just an observation) would be so heralded whilst Coldplay and other moderate bands/artists still gets flak from a lot of people. Bizarre double standard.

P4k also gave Real Estate an 8+ grade, and they're the definition of the "middling and inoffensive bands". Spot the pattern?

As for the topic - Teen Dream. For some reason I thought the songs on Bloom mostly resemble one another, or at least, I thought that Teen Dream was a bit more diverse. Probably a bit silly.
  • Quote
I think it all comes down to intangibles. It's what you feel after listening to it. I finish Bloom quite impressed but I experienced it without really feeling it. Teen Dream has a little more danger to it, one that doesn't quite try to make it's sadness feel extremely epic and precise. It's more nostalgic and certainly dreamy.
  • Quote
Teen Dream but they're both just okay.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  12
Page 2 of 2


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
[ Poll ] Your favorite Beach House album NMHohyeah Music
The Haunted House Guest Lounge
[ Poll ] [Closed] B1974 1F: Living in the 70's... Listmeister Tournaments
[ Poll ] [Closed] Best of 1974 3AX: Kimono My ... Listmeister Tournaments
[ Poll ] [Closed] B1974 3rd Place: Kimono My H... Listmeister Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.