Genre Kings

Goto page Previous  12
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Maybe we can just save it for our titles when we reach level 8.
Anyway, as much as I love classic metal stuff, I would feel weird being called the King of it and might feel as though I need more of it and even some more obscure stuff in that genre on my chart.
_________________
  • Quote
I'd probably be king of Rock Opera. Super Sweet!
  • Quote
sheep21 wrote:
I think it would be cool for a person to be given the role of the head of a genre, in case a member was keen to really look into that genre a bit more:

For example

Hip-Hop:Lethalnezzle

Country: Naples

Blues: sheep21

Jazz; Guigs


sheep, I find this whole suggestion weird. Didn't you change your username so people wouldn't just link you to blues rock? Now you want to be declared the king of it?
  • Quote
Jasonconfused wrote:
Maybe we can just save it for our titles when we reach level 8.
Anyway, as much as I love classic metal stuff, I would feel weird being called the King of it and might feel as though I need more of it and even some more obscure stuff in that genre on my chart.


Nah. What if there was a certain border around our avatar that represented we are the king of a genre? Like bubblegum pop would be pink, metal would be steel, blues would be obvious, etc.
  • Quote
JMan wrote:
Nah. What if there was a certain border around our avatar that represented we are the king of a genre? Like bubblegum pop would be pink, metal would be steel, blues would be obvious, etc.


Again, I vote NO, because I feel like these "Kings" would feel limited to these genres. I'd like freedom in my approach to music.
_________________
  • Quote
I feel like it would just turn into a popularity contest. We already have "top rated charts" for certain genres that people always look to anyways.
  • Quote
Not my best idea it seems. I'll try and get the thread closed.
  • Quote
JMan wrote:
I'd probably be king of Rock Opera. Super Sweet!


lol nope

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  12
Page 2 of 2


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
[ Poll ] Genre Extravaganza Poll: Which Genre ... Happymeal Music
What Classifies a Genre or Sub-Genre? Goodsir Music
Sort Overall by Genre/Sub-Genre RoundTheBend Suggestions
[ Poll ] Genre Extravaganza: Poll on Genre Bre... Guest Music
Kings Of Leon - Youth And Young Manhood? HigherThanTheSun Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.