What album are you listening to right now?

Goto page Previous  123 ... 327532763277 ... 219272192821929  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote

Senhas by Adriana Calcanhotto
  • Quote

Arthur Or The Decline And Fall Of The British Empire by The Kinks

<3
  • Quote

I Hear A New World by Joe Meek & The Blue Men
_________________
I AM A CRACKED MACHINE
  • Quote

Hash Bar Loops by Deepchord

Some of it sounds like a washing machine being serviced in the middle of an Arctic blast but most of it is laid back sub-aquatic rolling dub techno of the highest quality


Last edited by joyofdivision on 10/13/2013 22:47; edited 1 time in total
  • Quote

Bryter Layter by Nick Drake

Just finishing up my first listen. Yikes. This might be my new favorite of his.
  • Quote
Michael Yonkers - Grimwood

I hated this the first 2 times I listened to it but I'm starting to like it now. He must have been stoned as shit during the recording of this.

Edit: Fuck, what is wrong with me? This is great. Tripping Through The Rose Gardens is awesome.

If anyone wants to listen to some weird psychedelicy folk check this out.
  • Quote
My review of Celtic Woman's debut:

Is it comparable to many classical or Irish greats? No. I've heard better. However, this album is not a "failure" in any way. Although there are little hits, many songs stand out. One World is a track that has little to no Irish or folk influence and is by far the best track on the album. The cover of Enya's "Orinoco Flow" is an exciting track and quite possibly better than the original. Last Rose of Summer/Walking in the Air is well-composed and very pretty, but not perfect in any sense. Also, there's low amounts of repetition, Mairead's good at the violin, and I'll reiterate the diversity. The best tracks are One Wirld, Someday, and The Butterfly.

The cons: although the four singers can hit any pitch, their voices are hardly unique from any other classical vocalist. However, Chloe's voice is much more unique that the rest of the group, partially due to her young age at the time. The lyrics are sometimes great, sometimes novice. The production has a level of reverb that, although quiet, resides in every sound the album makes. There are also many covers, and a couple of them are very generic in the classic/Irish/folk world. Ava Maria and Nella Fantasia are these two generic covers. The Enya and LOTR songs are pretty good, though. It'll get lower on my charts than 169, but it's an album worth a listen for an Irish fan.

Overall, I give the album a 7.3.
  • Quote

The Dubliners - A Drop Of The Hard Stuff

Forgot how much I adore this.
_________________


2023
2022
  • Quote


"Remain In Light" - Talking Heads
_________________
Progressive Rock

Early Psychedelic Rock

Live Albums
  • Quote
Patman360 wrote:

The Dubliners - A Drop Of The Hard Stuff

Forgot how much I adore this.


Genuinely read that as "Drop The Hand Stuff". ๐Ÿคฃ

Anyway, currently listening to:


The Velvet Rope by Janet Jackson

New topic  Closed Move by albummaster on 02/13/2025 16:16
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 327532763277 ... 219272192821929  Next
Page 3276 of 21929


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Sticky: User Listening Log Masterlist mickilennial Music Diaries
What album are you listening to right... danfaitz Music
What ***VINYL*** album are you listen... RoundTheBend Music
What note are you listening to right ... GARY Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.