Can't get enough of this recently, definitely Top 20 of the year for me so far. Quite fitting that a minimalist is World Album of the Day, given the influence of minimalism on this album. Machinefabriek takes samples of Sergio Sorrentino's guitar playing and transforms them into haunting, erm, vignettes of droning ambience and sparse, tastefully processed clipped electric guitar notes that take on a shimmering quality reminiscent of one of 2013's other great experimental electronic releases, Pantha du Prince's Elements of Light. Highly recommended.
Listening to this these last few days, and indeed it's very good. Thanks.
With only a few days before reflektor arrives, i'm going to try and finish off reviewing 2013 albums... and then probably do it one more time before the end of the year. ๐
Second listen. The first one was pretty terrible, mostly because of the voice. I'm trying not to be bothered by it, and so far, it's working OK. The first two songs are very good. I don't know if I'll be able to tolerate the whole record, though. We'll see ๐ค
Going with Drakonium's "album of the week" because he pretty much never leads me wrong. And then, when I loaded the album on Grooveshark, I saw that they did a cover of "Vegetable Man" and that totally sealed the deal for me. So I'll be listening to:
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum