What album are you listening to right now?

Goto page Previous  123 ... 376237633764 ... 219272192821929  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
revolver94 wrote:

Souvlaki by Slowdive

why is it called souvlaki


ffs i always pronounce it Soul-vaki, now I have to change it smh
  • Quote
Well, Abandon was really depressing but okay. I need an album to heal me, then I'm going to go back to watching Legend Of The Galatic Heroes. I'm gonna listen to this.

Obsidian by Baths
  • Quote

Tago Mago by Can
First listen
  • Quote
GeevyDallas wrote:
ffs i always pronounce it Soul-vaki, now I have to change it smh


I just discovered Od"E"ssey and Oracle by The Zombies is not Odyssey and it's one of mine all time favorites ๐Ÿคฃ
  • Quote

OK Computer by Radiohead

"We hope that your rules and wisdom choke you"
  • Quote

I Could Live In Hope by Low
  • Quote

Blood On The Tracks by Bob Dylan

Picked up a copy today and am giving it a spin before Anchorman 2. This album has been infamously hit-or-miss for me in the past, but the hits are so dead-on that I still really want to learn to love the whole thing. Fingers crossed ๐Ÿ˜„
  • Quote

Anything Bright Or Startling? by Aine O'Dwyer

On a Poeventure.

Not sure how I feel about her voice.

I was promised bright and startling this is kind of dull and flat. Should I be reading the lyrics? This is like Joanna Newsom after she took sleeping pills. Eh. We'll see...

All right this is really chill and pretty and I really dig the instruments (no matter how hard you try you cannot mess up the harp), but I think I can echo Poe's sentiment about Aglaia, "merely pleasant-sounding. Nothing strongly evocative about it,"

Like, I feel like this could be great if they recorded this when she was awake.

I'm bored, moving on.


Eagle by Mamer
Please stop singing, dude. ๐Ÿ™ And the Poe's recs started off so strong. XD I'll listen to a few more songs to see but if this keeps like this I'm not sure it is for me.

Moving swiftly along. This is dreadfully dull. XD


The Complete Folkways Recordings 1958 by Joseph Spence
Because ordinary blues wouldn't be enough for The Poe, he has to have blues where the guy impersonates a didgeridoo over some guitar. XD It is at least more engaging than the previous two albums.


Last edited by Guest on 12/23/2013 03:40; edited 2 times in total
  • Quote

We're Only In It For The Money by The Mothers of Invention

Simultaneously brilliant and obnoxious. Prefer it to Freak Out!.
  • Quote

Pink Flag by Wire

New topic  Closed Move by albummaster on 02/13/2025 16:16
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 376237633764 ... 219272192821929  Next
Page 3763 of 21929


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Sticky: User Listening Log Masterlist mickilennial Music Diaries
What album are you listening to right... danfaitz Music
What ***VINYL*** album are you listen... RoundTheBend Music
What Song Are You Listening To Right ... 40footwolf Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.