Album of the day (#1151): Pink Flag by Wire

Goto page Previous  12
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Mercury wrote:
I can kinda see where you are coming from.

I listened to this album today to revisit and see if I still loved it. I do. The thing about it is the production is very stripped down like you pointed out, but it's the austerity of it that turns even the most simple shit into grandiose moments. An example is the song "Lowdown". That song is about as minimalistic as it comes. It's also about as heavy as it gets. But when the loud guitar chord "solo" thing comes in toward the middle-end of the song it just hits me so much. In that moment it feels almost lush. It feels just BIG, GRAND, and expressive as hell.

It's like the simple-ness and stripped down-ness of the production makes the little details all the more awesome and almost revelatory in a way. They just kinda come out at you, seemingly out of nowhere.

I just love this so much.

Maybe such big moments only appear when you know the album really well. I appreciate it, but don't share the same opinion of it as something really incredible. But one very great thing about it: it's hard to grow tired of as easily as super catchy pop albums.
_________________
"The Beatles, the greatest band known to mankind." - Bismah Mughal

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  12
Page 2 of 2


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: What album are you listening to? (cont.) albummaster Music
Sticky: Release Day Eve Repo Music
[ Poll ] BDAT Rd. 1 - Pink Flag vs. Dummy (CLO... Guest Tournaments
User Pick of the Day #118: Chairs Mis... Guest Music
[ Poll ] CLOSED: PPNW - SF: Wire def. Elvis Co... videoheadcleaner Tournaments

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.