So many things happening on here. Pop hooks followed by tempo shifts followed by contemplative parts followed by instrumental bursts and then tempo shifts again, in a single song. My third listen and yet feel like I've listened to three different records. Fascinating pop record.
"I am the type of girl buses splash with rain." This is rapidly escalating up my favourite albums of 2014 list. The latest in a long line of America twee, lo-fi, hopeless romantics that includes Jonathan Richman, Beat Happening, The Moldy Peaches. Simple sentiments and youthful abandon abound. "I wanna go dancing in the public eye." Its songs are often too short for their own good, but the brevity is refreshing and welcome in a time where sprawling epics, like Reflektor or Random Access Memories, appear to making some sort of comeback in the public/Pitchfork consciousness. It's honest, heartwarming, likely to paint a big, stupid grin across your face. Or you might hate it for being a nothing record about nothing. "I'm bitter like olives, that's why you like them and I don't."
Have One On Me by Joanna Newsom _________________ "And canโt you see youโre in on it?
You were born though you need not
And is that not some cause
For worship, being born among these trees?"
Halcyon Digest by Deerhunter _________________ "And canโt you see youโre in on it?
You were born though you need not
And is that not some cause
For worship, being born among these trees?"
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum