happy albums?

Goto page Previous  12345  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Hayden wrote:
Meh. That one's passable. It's happy songs about sadness.


huh. ok.
  • Quote
Hayden wrote:
Meh. That one's passable. It's happy songs about sadness.


Exactly. It makes me happy, I probably shouldn't have shared it since it's an unconventional happiness, but it's a 'happy album' for me anyhow.
_________________
  • Quote
CubaZed wrote:

Tribute To Famous People by Pomplamoose

Forgot about this.


This is basically my cheer-up album.

I actually was gonna make a chart of happy music that I'll post here, but for now take:


Odyssey by Fischerspooner


Too Weird To Live, Too Rare To Die! by Panic! At The Disco


Wicked Man's Rest by Passenger
_________________


. . . 2016 . . . 2015 . . .

"While I'm alive, I'll make tiny changes to Earth" - Frightened Rabbit
  • Quote
SuedeSwede wrote:
I didn't mean lyrically. I meant musically, they have a jolly feel to them. Lyrically, yeah they're depressing.


Whenever there is a bit of dissonance between lyrics and music I tend to feel the music, not the lyrics. Also sometimes melancholy can be a happy melancholy. Emotions are weird. ๐Ÿ˜œ
  • Quote
I'll second Thunder Lightning Strike. Also:


Link



Link



Link



Link



Link
  • Quote
I almost exclusivly listen to happy and fun stuff these days so here you are:


Mass Romantic by The New Pornographers

People's Instinctive Travels And The Paths Of Rhythm by A Tribe Called Quest

Oracular Spectacular by MGMT

One Armed Bandit by Jaga Jazzist

Lucky Shiner by Gold Panda

Debut by Bjork

Odelay by Beck

Who's Next by The Who

Flood by They Might Be Giants

Out Of The Blue by Electric Light Orchestra

Live At The Paradise Garage by Larry Levan

Anniemal by Annie

ATLiens by OutKast

Black Sea by XTC

We Are Born by Sia

Raw Like Sushi by Neneh Cherry

Louden Up Now by !!!

Monkeytown by Modeselektor
  • Quote

Good Charlotte by Good Charlotte


The Libertines by The Libertines

Hoobastank - They Sure Don't Make Basketball Shorts Like They Used To (seems there isn't here)


My Generation by The Who


Mind, Body & Soul by Joss Stone


Black Market Clash by The Clash


Tangerine Dream by Kaleidoscope UK


Dark Continent by Wall Of Voodoo


A Hard Day's Night by The Beatles
  • Quote
I'm surprised multiple people think of The Books' albums as happy albums. Songs like The Lemon Of Pink, Don't Even Sing About It, Contempt and ESPECIALLY Enjoy Your Worries, You May Never Have Them Again definitely don't strike me as happy. I wouldn't call them "melancholy" either, more "dark" or "nocturnal".


Up On The Sun by Meat Puppets


Tempel by Colour Haze


Midnite Vultures by Beck


Beelzebubba by The Dead Milkmen


Cross by Justice


Electric Version by The New Pornographers


Music From The Unrealized Film Script Dusk At Cubist Castle by The Olivia Tremor Control


Tiger Trap by Tiger Trap


The Disintegration Loops by William Basinski
  • Quote
Try this one.


Bach Brandenburg Concertos by Concerto Italiano / Rinaldo Alessandrini

Skip to 2:12, for music.


Link
  • Quote
rayword45 wrote:
I'm surprised multiple people think of The Books' albums as happy albums. Songs like The Lemon Of Pink, Don't Even Sing About It, Contempt and ESPECIALLY Enjoy Your Worries, You May Never Have Them Again definitely don't strike me as happy. I wouldn't call them "melancholy" either, more "dark" or "nocturnal".



The Disintegration Loops by William Basinski



Yeah... The Lemon of Pink is heartbreaking ๐Ÿคฃ And most of that album is pretty down-tempo too.



And the Disintegration Loops is a joke, right? ๐Ÿค”
_________________
Doubles & Conch

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  12345  Next
Page 4 of 5


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Happy Bands/Albums SnakeMcmillan Music
Happy 21st Birthday to 3 Great Albums! Guest Music
[ Poll ] But those candles have wax, Jim!: Hap... cestuneblague Lounge
Happy Birthday to Ray Davies RFNAPLES Lounge
Happy Birthdave Applerill Lounge

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.