User Pick of the Day (#49): Heaven or Las Vegas

View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote

Heaven Or Las Vegas by Cocteau Twins
This was nommed by IrishMusicHead. His name wouldn't completely fit in the title bar. ๐Ÿ˜„
Chart: Forum Regulars' 500+ Chart
Rank on User's Chart: NA
Year: 1990
Rank on BEA Overall: 546 (damn, another one that is just barely eligible...weird how it happens to be so close to The Modern Dance on the overall)
Average Rating: 79/100
  • Quote
Anyways, I love this album of course ๐Ÿ˜ It is like candy.
  • Quote
BrandonMiaow wrote:
It is like candy.


It is sex.
_________________
http://jonnyleather.com
  • Quote
meccalecca wrote:
It is sex.


It is wading through tons of strawberry jelly.

vaginas too
_________________
  • Quote
meccalecca wrote:
It is sex.


Yeah well I'm more familiar with candy. XD
  • Quote
It's an excellent record. I can think of one or two Cocteau LPs I prefer (Blue Bell Knoll, Garlands, maybe Treasure), but on this one you feel Cocteau Twins have opened the window, let a bit of fresh air in, and painted everything with more colours (cf. the cover). Refreshing, at a time when maybe we could have felt Cocteau Twins were sticking to a formula. The sound is more or less the same, the scope totally changes, brilliant move.
  • Quote
This is very lovely. I love it, not as refined and mystical as Treasure, but it's straightforward and poignant dream pop. It feels like I've been transported to another universe where everything is made of neon and slides made of sweets. Just love it. ๐Ÿ˜
_________________
  • Quote
Hum, I was disappointed the last time I checked it. Blue Bell Knoll is otherworldly, Treasure isn't far behind, yet this feels incomplete. It's like a tutorial to teach bands how to be Cocteau Twins. It's lovely, but it's much more simple, plain, and at times, even dull. I obviously have no problems with simplicity, but here I feel it's mixed with facility. Ha well, this is probably just a pseudo-elitist rambling, but basically I just mean this isn't magic.
  • Quote
It's always been my favorite Cocteau Twins release, the title track is one of the most gorgeous songs I've ever heard. Cocteau Twins as a whole are great though, I think it's about time I went back through their albums, it's been a while.
  • Quote
Norman Bates wrote:
It's an excellent record. I can think of one or two Cocteau LPs I prefer (Blue Bell Knoll, Garlands, maybe Treasure), but on this one you feel Cocteau Twins have opened the window, let a bit of fresh air in, and painted everything with more colours (cf. the cover). Refreshing, at a time when maybe we could have felt Cocteau Twins were sticking to a formula. The sound is more or less the same, the scope totally changes, brilliant move.


this. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Sticky: User Listening Log Masterlist mickilennial Music Diaries
Sticky: Release Day Eve Repo Music
Las Vegas concert massacre stangetzaway Music
World album of the day (#105): Las รš... albummaster Music
World album of the day (#520): Las รš... albummaster Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.