The Mies and Pa show

Goto page Previous  123 ... 262728 ... 343536  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
Anyway, Wo Fat released an album this year, too: The Conjuring.
It's similar to Psychedelonaut, but heavier and darker, that in this case means better. ๐Ÿ˜„
  • Quote
Mies wrote:
They're extremely funny! ๐Ÿ˜

yes, it is!

the swing jazz or manouche jazz is pretty interesting, it's often said that it came from Paris in the form of a string band founded by guitarist Django Reinhardt and violinist Stรฉphane Grappelli in the 1930.
it's a fusion between popular dance "Musette" (or valse musette) and American jazz;
the "musette" is a kind of "french bagpipe" but it's also a style of music (and life!), the result of the influence of different cultures: Auvergnats (people from the Auvergne region of France), Italians, Manouches (gypsies), Americans, Spanish...in a way also the "tango" was part of the musette repertoire!

anyway if u like it u could find plenty of information on the web, this is just a short intro!

musette:

Link

swing jazz o manouche with Django Reinhardt:

Link
  • Quote
if u have time, will, patience, love for music... check this out:
http://www.hammonshall.com/Assets/HCSF_study_guide.pdf

I'm a clown sometimes... ๐Ÿ˜
  • Quote
^ I should have a lot of time, when I will, I' will inform myself better, thanks.
Anyway, I've found Django Reinhardt on some charts here.. Now I know the kind of music he plays!
  • Quote
pa wrote:
if u have time, will, patience, love for music... check this out:
http://www.hammonshall.com/Assets/HCSF_study_guide.pdf

I'm a clown sometimes... :D


Interesting timing. A friend of mine was just telling me how gypsy music is all the rage right now in the hipster kingdom that is Williamsbug, NYC. Anyone know which band or album is the best of this lot?
  • Quote
RepoMan wrote:
Interesting timing. A friend of mine was just telling me how gypsy music is all the rage right now in the hipster kingdom that is Williamsbug, NYC. Anyone know which band or album is the best of this lot?



I guess that u already know Django Reinhardt and Stephane Grappelli and their band, if u want something "not so famous", here u go:

Manouche E Dintorni by Maurizio Geri Swingtet

but I really love Django...he was on my 100bea before but Mingus took his place...maybe I'll find a place for him again.
  • Quote
Maurizio Geri Swingtet


Link
  • Quote
I would include also:


Come Into My Swing! by Angelo Debarre / Ludovic Beier

and


Portrait Of Angelo Debarre by Angelo Debarre
  • Quote
good morning guys !!
........quote of the day, ๐Ÿ˜ !

โ€œTo do the useful thing, to say the courageous thing, to contemplate the beautiful thing: that is enough for one man's life.โ€
T. S. Eliot

  • Quote
pa wrote:
โ€œTo do the useful thing, to say the courageous thing, to contemplate the beautiful thing: that is enough for one man's life.โ€
T. S. Eliot


That's not exactly easy ๐Ÿ˜„ nice quote, btw

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123 ... 262728 ... 343536  Next
Page 27 of 36


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
Show more (not related to Naples Show... Bork Suggestions
[ Poll ] BEUT #3: (Mies) V AlexZangari alelsupreme Tournaments
User Pick of the Day #126: Islands by... Mies Music
[ Poll ] BEUT #3: (Saoirse) V Mies alelsupreme Tournaments
If BEA were a TV show, who would you ... Guest Lounge

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.