One hit wonder albums.

Goto page Previous  123456789  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
  • Quote
NickVolos wrote:
Yeah, it should be defined more precisely by the OP....The way I understood it is any album that was deemed with either commercial or critical success qualifies as long as the artist did not have any other album that really (really) stands out (commercially or critically)...

Edit: Ha-ha...thought you said "define".... :lol:


Ha! I was agreeing with you. This is a great example. The hype machine built this one up and the group paid the price in the backlash. Too bad because I enjoyed them. I'm glad I got to see them once before Doug Fieger passed away.
  • Quote

In Rainbows by Radiohead
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
  • Quote
wow how did i not think of that. its a much better band example, except


Kid A by Radiohead
  • Quote
qwert9579 wrote:
I'm not sure if bands that only had one album should count but if you feel they should, then go ahead and list it.


I thought that was the whole idea when I saw the thread title, honestly - that we'd be listing bands that only released one album that happened to be really good, but split up afterwards for one reason or another. As it is right now, this thread seems to just be people posting variations on "I like this one album by [famous/well-liked band] a lot but all their other stuff sucks SHOTS FIRED" Forgive me if I'm wrong here, but that's the impression I'm getting.

Anyway, here's a really good one-hit-wonder album:


Kestrel by Kestrel

You should give it a listen, it's pretty good! Kinda hard to describe - there's lots of little touches of several genres (art rock, progressive rock, funk, pop rock, etc.) that are blended together in a pretty unique way. I can't think of a band that sounds quite like Kestrel does, or of any obvious bands that might have influenced them - they just sound like themselves, if that makes any sense.
_________________
Makeshift Jukebox (my tumblr)
  • Quote
SorenHighwind wrote:
As it is right now, this thread seems to just be people posting variations on "I like this one album by [famous/well-liked band] a lot but all their other stuff sucks SHOTS FIRED" Forgive me if I'm wrong here, but that's the impression I'm getting.


You are wrong and I'll never forgive you.
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.
  • Quote

Skag Heaven by Squirrel Bait
  • Quote
One of my favourites:


The United States Of America by The United States Of America

(and a real one-hit wonder)
  • Quote

Indian Summer by Indian Summer (UK)
_________________
"And canโ€™t you see youโ€™re in on it?
You were born though you need not
And is that not some cause
For worship, being born among these trees?"
  • Quote






God bless you and him always!!! ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„

Holly

P.S. And may this not be his permanent musical status.
_________________
Me & my favorite singer James Otto

Check him out here when you can!
  • Quote
JOSweetHeart wrote:






God bless you and him always!!! ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„

Holly

P.S. And may this not be his permanent musical status.


Praise him.
_________________
2021 in full effect. Come drop me some recs. Y'all know what I like.

New topic  Closed
Topic Posters
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  123456789  Next
Page 4 of 9


 

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum
One-Hit-Wonder jackup Music
Best One-Hit Wonder Bands Guest Music
2000's One Hit Wonders Tha1ChiefRocka Music
Your Favorite One-Hit Wonders MichaelMannn Music
One-Hit Wonders that deserved better? hereforashortime Music

 
Back to Top
Best Ever Albums
Install BEA for an app-like experience.